Pregnant after 35
Options

Asthma?!! Really?

It turns out that I have been having a low level asthma attack for the last two months! I ended up hospitalized on Sunday because it got so bad that I was unable to breath, coughing up very unpleasant gobs of *stuff*, and vomiting from the coughing. They did breathing treatments, blood tests, and even a chest x-ray (with lots of protection for the belly) and everything came back normal. Apparently, you can have asthma (and not know it) and sometimes it gets worse when you get pregnant. After the baby is born it can go away or stay. The jury is out on that one for the next 19 weeks but I'm really hoping it goes away. I thought that I had bronchitis or pneumonia because of the wonderful hue of the stuff coming from my lungs but the dr. said that that was all the dead white cells that were trying to fight all the inflammation in my lungs. Huh. Crazy. I am now home again but recovery is slow and I threw up last night after walking to my bedroom from the living room. I have oral steroids, inhaled steroids, singulair, and cough medicine. I also have to do breathing treatments every four hours. I sleep sitting up in bed... not cool! The Dr. said that he was very happy that I came in (even though we had to push to get anyone to take us seriously when we first came in. The triage nurse tried to send us home! We said that we wanted to see a Dr. first.) because untreated asthma is one of the things that he has the most trouble with with his OB patients. He told me a nice little story about the lady that coded because she wouldn't take care of her asthma during pregnancy. However, I am very, very thankful that I have a husband who is literally doing *everything* for me and the kids but as a mom who rarely sits still, it's a little upsetting doing nothing. I really didn't think I would feel this way but with thanksgiving coming and me laid up, it's just so much to do for him. He's out grocery shopping right now. *sigh*
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Asthma?!! Really?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"