New Jersey Babies
Options

New on the bump!

Just wanted to introduce myself! I found out I am pregnant Friday, had it confirmed by my regular dr. Tuesday and today I am going to the OB. Although I should be closer to 5 1/2 weeks due to my LMP, the doctor said I am closer to 4 1/2 weeks. So my more accurate due date is July 21. 

I'm having some pain on my lower left side which my dr. says is related to my IBS. Anyone else having IBS issues? 

Re: New on the bump!

• Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!!  I am also new on this site!  I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby and also had experienced pain on my lower left side when I was about 4 to 5 weeks along. My doctor told me it was normal to experience cramping and he advised me that I would experience all types of aches & pains for the next several weeks and all throughout the pregnancy.  The pain I had felt was like a twinge that came & go but more concentrated on my left side. It felt like it was in my ovary.  Almost like the twinges you feel when you are ovulating.  I am not sure if mine was related to irritable bowl syndrome but it very well could've been since I was extremely gassy and constipated around that time.  The pain went away about a day or two later.  So, it really could be related to IBS as your doctor suggested.  It also could be the baby implanting on that side, or simply your uterus growing and getting ready for pregnancy.  As long as you don't have any bleeding, I think it is normal.  Don't worry...I'm in my 8th week of pregnancy and I still have some minor cramps and twinges here & there.   I think it's my uterus stretching...like growing pains!  Good luck and congrats! Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"