Phoenix Babies

New - OB in Goodyear area?

Hi all:

I'm new-ish to the boards and new to Arizona (been here since August).  DH and I have just started to TTC and I don't have any doctors here at all.

So I live in Goodyear but work near the Biltmore.  I've been trying to decide whether I get a doctor near my home or near my office or somewhere in between... just not sure.  I do have an appointment at the end of this month near my house with Dalisa Barquero at Mountain Park Health Center.  Has anyone heard of her/them?

Anyway, I also just wanted to say hi since we're new here :)  We moved here from Seattle and just got married last Friday - 11.11.11!

Thanks and happy weekend! :)

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: New - OB in Goodyear area?

• congratulations and welcome! i don't have any suggestions for the goodyear area. my midwife is at bethany women's healthcare off 35th ave and bethany and i love love love my office so that's where i recommend, hah! but not sure what you're looking for as far as ob/midwife/natural birth/etc. if you work normal 9-5 ish hours i'd probably recommend something closer to your work than home, unless your job is very flexible and you'll be able to come in late or leave early, or your office has extended hours. you'll be going to a lot of appointments towards the end of your pregnancy.

i used to go to desert west ob/gyn (they have an office next to banner estrella near the 101 and thomas out your way), but i started feeling like a number and was sick of being rushed in and out of my appointments. i used to love that office but something there has changed for sure. anyway, went off on a rant. good luck with your ttc journey and hopefully someone will chime in with some more suggestions for you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks!! :)  I do have a fairly flexible schedule... so because of that I'm really not limited where I go.  I guess part of it is a question about going into labor and getting to a hospital.  Do you have to choose a hospital ahead of time or do you just go to the one closest to you when you go into labor?  Like, if I'm at work, I won't want to have to come all the way back to Goodyear and vice versa.  And then will my doctor come out to the hospital that's futher away?  It's these crazy logistics!! :)
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • imagedawn2zzs:
    Thanks!! :)  I do have a fairly flexible schedule... so because of that I'm really not limited where I go.  I guess part of it is a question about going into labor and getting to a hospital.  Do you have to choose a hospital ahead of time or do you just go to the one closest to you when you go into labor?  Like, if I'm at work, I won't want to have to come all the way back to Goodyear and vice versa.  And then will my doctor come out to the hospital that's futher away?  It's these crazy logistics!! :)

no, you'd deliver at the hospital for which your doctor has privileges. in lots of cases they have them at a few different hospitals. the office you're looking at is in goodyear, so i'm going to guess they at least deliver at banner estrella. if you do go into labor at work, it's not likely you'd be far enough along to just head to the hospital, kwim? especially for a first timer, you should expect to labor for a while.

you also may want to look into the different hospitals out here that you have an option to deliver at, and base your search for an ob off of that as well. i knew where i wanted to deliver and chose a doctor that delivered where i wanted to go. i don't have any personal experience with estrella, but maybe someone here will. it's a fairly new hospital

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hi there, my name's Robin and I live in Goodyear!  Been here about a year and a half.  I wanted to deliver close to my home (I'm off the 303) and so the closest hospital with an L & D is Banner Estrella.  I went to their website, and looked at the doctors who deliver there; that's how I chose Dr. Janice LaBranche.  I've only seen her twice, but she's nice and her office is super-efficient!  (A rarity for me, as I've worked at doctors' offices for many years and have seen how worthless they are.)

Hope this helps!

• Great!  Thank you both for the information - so much to think about!!! :)
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"