Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Any January bdays? Ideas for bday party w/friends?

I need to start thinking about what to do for DS' 4th bday in January.  He wants to do something with all his friends from school, but our house is sooo small for that many kids even though it's only 9 including DS.  Then you add food, gifts, etc. to the mix, and there won't be room to turn around...Nightmare!

So, what can you do with 9 3-5yo kids for a birthday when you can't turn them loose outside b/c it will likely be too cold/snowy/windy? 

Re: Any January bdays? Ideas for bday party w/friends?

• Options
    We're in March when the whether is unpredictable...have you considered bowling, a bounce house, or renting a movie theater?

• Options
    We have pleasent weather in the winter so we will likely do Harm's party at home.  Many of his friends though do parties at the bounce house place, ChuckECheese, Peter Piper, Putt Putt Golf, Home Depot, Train Museum, etc.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

January birthday over here :-)  Originally I was going to do the Bounce House but I changed my mind.  Now, I'm going to DS's class and bringing in cupcakes, Veggie Tale favor/goodie bags, and a balloon.  We'll do the classroom birthday party during his snack time. 

Then on his actual birthday, which happens to fall on a Saturday, DH and I (maybe a few additional family members if they can make it) will go tot he Bounce House for an hour and then to a pizza place for pizza, cake, and beverages.

DS will enjoy all of his birthday activities!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    We plan on renting out a room at DD's school and having a magician perform.  This way I know all of her classmates can make it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Late December birthday here but we celebrate mid-January.

We've done a bounce house before and will either do a bounce house or trampoline park this year.

In the future as they're older I see us doing things like bowling alley, movie theatre, taking a small group up skiing, etc.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    DD's 4th birthday party was just this past Saturday and we did it at Build A Bear. We had 9 kids, it was about an hour and a half long, you set your budget (minimum of $10 per kid), and the girl who did our party was amazing!!!! I spent about $150 for everything total (activity, food, favor, etc.) I highly recommend it..... it was so easy and the kids at school are still talking about it!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My twins' birthday is in January too.  I made a reservation at a local tumbling place that does parties.  We went to a party there last year and they have been talking about having their party at the same place ever since.

I have zero desire to have their friends at our house so I am looking forward to their first "out of the house" party! 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options
    We're going to do DD's b-day party at Michaels. It is a $50 fee and then the cost varies based on what craft you choose to do. There is an employee with you at all times to lead the craft and do whatever else you need them to do. And, you can bring in outside food.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Chuck E. Cheese, Chik Fila or Bounce House, Indoor play place
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My niece's birthday is at the end of January and she's having a Build-A-Bear Workshop party.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS's bday is Jan 11th....last year for his 4th birthday we had a bowling party, it was a lot of fun.  They put up the bumpers, we brought the pizza, and we had 2 hours to bowl, eat, have cake, etc.
    Happy 4th birthday!
    Matthew James 1/11/07
  • Options
    I went to a birthday party a few weeks ago that they held in a church basement, it was really cute . they made a homemade carnival and had a magic show. You may not need to go that big, ( they had like 30 kids) but I thought it was a good space for kids, that I would not have thought of....
    On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered,"life will never be the same" Image and video hosting by TinyPicalt="Lilypie 1st Birthday Pic" width="29" height="20" border="0" /> BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We are in the same boat and renting a room at our local park district.  They are very affordable and a good alternative to a house party.  You can bring in whatever food, entertainment or games you want.  We are inviting about 25 kids so we really can't have it at home but still want to keep the cost down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"