Postpartum Depression

Monday Check-In

Hey ladies.

It's a short work week! (yay!) there's a major holiday! (yay!) there's bound to be travel and family/friends involved (yay! or boo! or both)

For those of you who are new, please take time to introduce yourself and share a little of your PPD story.  For the rest of us, re-introduce yourself! And then let us know how your week went.

Questions, Thanksgiving theme:
Five years ago, what were you thankful for?
A year ago, what were you thankful for?
This year, what are you thankful for?
What food is required at your Thanksgiving table?
Pie: what is your favorite?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Monday Check-In

• I don't remember a whole lot from the week, so I guess it was ok.  E had a fever Thursday afternoon, so DH stayed home with her on Friday.  My mom and I saw the new Twilight move Friday night! (uhm, I don't recommend you seeing it unless you are a big fan of the franchise.).  Saturday me and DH went to the Reneassance Festival.

Five years ago was my first Thanksgiving with my husband, so I was pretty thankful for him.
    A year ago, I had just gained my appetite back after 5 months of extreme nausia.  I was thankful that I actually wanted to eat.
    This year, I am thankful for our health, for the wonderful supportive and loving extended family we have, and modern medicine.

Green bean cassarole.  I love that stuff.
    Pecan and Apple!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I am so happy it is a short week. This weekend we ogt A's 8 month pictures done. (a little late) They turned out cute but I felt rushed during them. I was suppose to see breaking Dawn but my Twilight buddy had two sick kids at home so now I have to wait till this weekend.

1. 5 years ago I can't even remember what I did for Thanksgiving or what I was thankful for. My sister dies 5 years ago so it was not a good Thanksgiving at all.

2. Last year I was thankful for the food. I was sohungry all the time during my pregnancy.

3.This year I am Thankful for my daughter. I adore her so much. I wish i could have been more "present" during the first few months of her life. I feel like I need to make up for it now.

4. I love stuffing!!!

5. Apple and pumpkin. But only my grandma's apple pie recipe.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, Daniella here.  Week had a rough start, but ended well :) I finally feel like the fog is lifting.  I worked out 4x last week so I think that has a lot to do with my mood. We took DD on her first hike (something we did a lot of before DD) and she LOVED it! Naps were excellent this weekend and I felt like super mom, LOL.  

Five years ago, what were you thankful for? I was thankful for my husband, we had just gotten married that year.

A year ago, what were you thankful for?  Last year, I was thankful for my family and the little seed growing in my belly.

This year, what are you thankful for?  This year, I'm thankful for my family and baby girl.  I'm thankful that I'm looking at life differently and that I have a very strong support system helping me get through my days.

What food is required at your Thanksgiving table? Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and yams!!! YUMMY!

Pie: Pumpkin, for sure!

Great questions for this week, thanks ksspiff!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hello all! We had a very rough week last week. Got a call Monday at 3pm that E was sick at daycare with a fever. So I picked her up and hoped she would be back to school the next day. Nope, we ended up home all week and her fever crept up to 104 Wed night. It was really scary and really trying week. I just still have a lot of guilt that I didn't work every much and that I didn't get to the gym or eat healthy, etc, etc, etc.

And the holidays are turning into very big triggers for me. Ugh.

Five years ago I was thankful for my family. We were busy planning our wedding and feeling the love from everyone.

A year ago I was thankful for my growing baby. (kind of, I was so depressed last year at the holidays, I was in a constant state of worry and panic)

This year, i am thankful for so many things. I'm thankful for my health, for my husband and for our gorgeous daughter. I'm thankful for technology that helped get my daughter here safely and for meds helping me feel better. I'm thankful for my health insurance. I'm thankful for the support from my family and friends.

My mom's stuffing MUST be on my table!

I prefer chocolate to pie.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Hi, I'm Liz.  DD is 7 weeks old and has been going through a growth spurt the past week and has been cranky and fussy.  My Dr upped my meds so it hasn't been so bad.  I also had my 6 week appt and have been cleared for sex and exercise... DH is very happy and I'm going to go to a spin class tomorrow night! yay!

I don't remember Thanksgiving 5 years ago... we are drinkers so I'm sure I was thankful for wine!

Last year I had just had a miscarriage and the day before Thanksgiving I scheduled my d&c for the next Monday.  I was not really in the mood to be thankful.

This year I am thankful for my baby and my wonderful DH.

Required food is stuffing, I love stuffing!

My favorite pie is sweet potato with marshmallows.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• I'm Ami and I was diagnosed with PPD two weeks ago, and I'm just about 4 weeks pp. This past week was a little better, baby wise. We're getting more established in a routine and that's helped a lot, having a better idea of what to expect. I've come to truly enjoy giving Danny a bath every night. He looks so amazed by being bathed and he lets out these really sweet little squeaks. NBR, it was a really bad week. My husband had a student that died this past week and between the two jobs I've worked at in the last year, there's been 6 kids who have passed away. I had to go into work yesterday to sit with the kids and talk with them. I spent $100 in comfort food and I think it helped for them to have a place to gather after the wake and hang out. 

Questions, Thanksgiving theme:

Five years ago, what were you thankful for?: I was thankful for my 1 year old nephew. Still am, but now he's 6 and is so excited to have a cousin. :)
    A year ago, what were you thankful for? For wine and sausage stuffing, since it was my first married thanksgiving and we had both families over...and both families caused a ton of drama. 
    This year, what are you thankful for? A quiet thanksgiving. 
    What food is required at your Thanksgiving table? In the past, it was Broccoli with Cheese sauce. I hate broccoli after being pregnant, so I'm going with stuffing
    Pie: what is your favorite? Chocolate pudding pie! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"