C-sections
Options

Maybe too much too soon?

I got the clear at six weeks to start to exercise again. Yesterday I ran/walked two miles. I was bleeding again last night. Do you think it was too much too soon and thats why I started bleeding again? When did your body cooperate with exercise again?

DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.

Re: Maybe too much too soon?

• Options
    Why in the heck would you start out running? You just had a baby. Start slowly with a walk. I started exercising right at 6 weeks also, but I took my time and started slowly. So, yeah, I think you probably did too much.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

imagepepomntpat:
    Why in the heck would you start out running? You just had a baby. Start slowly with a walk. I started exercising right at 6 weeks also, but I took my time and started slowly. So, yeah, I think you probably did too much.

Yes probably stupid. Thats not a lot for me normally. My mileage is much higher and I dont take walk breaks. So I actually did think that was starting off slow. But apparently my body must not agree. I probably should have walked. I guess I was chomping at the bit to get that clearance.

DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, to much to soon. I am guessing since you are on the c-section board you had one.

My doc says not to do anything for 12 weeks. Well he says a light walk is fine. He said he rather be on the safer side than not. You had major surgery and need to heal.

Last time I did much more house work than I should have. This time around I am telling my entire family that I am going to take advantage of doing nothing and resting. I deserve it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was more like 12 weeks before I could even do minimal exercise
  • Options

I don't think you were crazy for going for a run, but likely the run just pushed some blood out.

I'd take it easy and listen to your body. If you feel like running, go for it, but if it causes bleeding, then cut back. If it feels good, keep at it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"