1st Trimester

Did your line keep getting darker?

So I've been obsessively taking HPTs since Saturday (10 dpo).  Since yesterday morning, though, the line hasn't gotten any darker.  It's still kind of faint.  Should it be getting darker?  For others who obsessively tested, did it get darker for you over the course of a couple days?  I'd like to see it get as dark as the control line, is it too soon to ask for that?

Re: Did your line keep getting darker?

• You'll drive yourself nuts if you obsess like that.  Step away from the pee sticks Stick out tongue
  • I'm going through the same thing. Faint faint faint. Its frustrating, I know. They say a line is a line, but we get so terrified early on b/c of all the uncertainty. I'm just going to keep testing every morning until Thanksgiving just to make sure I'm getting consistent positives.

I don't think everyone's tests get super dark - I'm not sure why, but seems that is the case. As with everything, it varies person to person.

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I obsessively took pregnancy tests as well lol. My first positive was last Sunday the 13th at 13 DPO using a regular non early detection pg test. I got a line that BARELY registered. Mine got progressively darker until just yesterday the 20th is when the line matched the darkness of the test line.

It can make you a bit crazy testing like that considering I know people who are 6 months pg and still gotten a fainter line. So the darkness doesn't always mean anything :)

BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • I tested the last 3 days only because I coudln't believe I was pregnant so soon and without medical help like my 1st pregnancy............the line was super faint on saturday, sunday it was a little darker (same tests) and the lines this morning on a different test were noticeable but not dark

• Nope. Mine never did and it was always so faint so I tested a lot. Control line was always much darker.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WIth my first pregnancy, the lines got much darker - I used Dollar Tree tests.

This time around, I'm not seeing that much of a difference, but I've only tested 10 and 11 DPO.  I'm trying to take a mental break and step back from the pee sticks.  I will probably test again with a digital *just* to confirm before we spread the word to family. 

• imageGismo123:
    You'll drive yourself nuts if you obsess like that.  Step away from the pee sticks Stick out tongue

You're right, but I'm already nuts, at least it gives me somewhere to direct my energy.  I really thought I'd be less distracted this pregnancy than I was during the last one, but (at this early date) that seems not to be true.

• imageGismo123:
    You'll drive yourself nuts if you obsess like that.  Step away from the pee sticks Stick out tongue

I totally agree with this post being a past obsessive pee-er of the sticks. But I can say from past experience that my line didn't darken for probably the first 3 days or so and then it started to darken. BUT....remember a line is a line and the pee sticks by no way shape form or fashion measure the amount of HCG in your urine, just that it is there. I know this doesn't settle you, but just relax and enjoy the fact that you are pregnant! Over on the PGAL board, we have a mantra that we all live by "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby!" It might be something you want to take under consideration and just live in the moment, not in the what-ifs.

I know that is hard, but trust me! :) You can thank me later!...hehehehe

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Took only 2, about a week apart.  Same dark vertical line with a faint horizontal.
  • A test will only tell you if you're pregnant - not how pregnant you are.  Step away!
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Smile I do the same thing. i've been everyday taking pregnancy test. Hoping for a +.

Wink

• You guys...

the darkness of the line is only due to the amount of dye used in that particular test. Stop over-testing! You are wasting your money (but 1st response and the dollar store probably really appreciate it!)

----------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • My ICs got darker every 2 days.  The frer took forever to get dark.  Then it started to get light again due to the hook effect.  I read about the hook effect and purposely kept testing to see when it would happen.  Pretty neat to dilute the pee and see the test get dark again.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I peed on sticks for about two maybe three weeks.  My line got darker.  I wasted a lot of money but had fun doing it.  You may be able to see my line progression from my pic.  This all stems from TTC and my POS addiction from 2007 :)

• imageipookie8:

You guys...

the darkness of the line is only due to the amount of dye used in that particular test. Stop over-testing! You are wasting your money (but 1st response and the dollar store probably really appreciate it!)

This is only partially true.  There is a dye threshold, but if you do not have the maximum amount of HCG in your urine it will not reach this level for a little while.  This "maximum" is subjective to the brand, so it's difficult to say whether ALL will increase in intensity or not, but if you test early in your pregnancy and then later, you will have different amounts of HCG and therefore more or less intense of a color.

Having said that, a line is really a line...so there isn't much need to pee more times.  I did for my first and it was really neat to see the color increase and "confirm" that the hormones were increasing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"