3rd Trimester

changing diapers with tights or legwarmers..

I have a lot of onsies and a lot of summer dresses that I received from shower..plan on getting some layering (cardigans, pants or tights) items so that I can get more use of the clothes...

When changing a diaper and layering clothing..do you find that tight  are too hard to deal with? What about the baby legwarmers? I want to have a lot of mix and match items.

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: changing diapers with tights or legwarmers..

• Honestly, for a poopy diaper, I would absolutely take off pants, leggings, etc because poop can get everywhere.

Tights are sort of annoying but personally I dislike legwarmers - they tend to look too tight. I would use pant leggings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Tights? No harder than taking off pants.

I agree with the PP--- for messy diapers, it's best to take off everything below the waist, and lift up the shirt as high as you can. Poop gets everywhere.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 2 boys and am pregnant with a girl this time. I volunteer in the nursery at church with crawling age babies. I curse those stinking tights while changing diapers on a squirming baby. The leggings aren't quite as bad to me. Edit to add I noticed several babies yesterday had on leggings under their dresses and it was quite cute. They were those kind childrens place puts on sale all the time. ( I'm clueless about girls. 16 yrs of being a boy mama does that and I'm not a girly girl).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, just wanted to share that I bought a ton of those legwarmers for DD before she was born and hardly used them because they looked tight and left indents on her legs. Honestly though I think we only had her in a dress at Christmas - the rest of the time was onesies or leggings and tops. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For wet diapers, leg warmers wouldn't be an issue.  Absolutely not for poopy diapers, if you ask me.  But then again, I take everything off for every diaper change.  It's not difficult/a pain and I just feel more secure about everything being clean (clothes and baby!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When they are newborn and super little anything is pretty easy, but they may cry a bit it you take too long to get the outfit on.  It's when they get a bit older is when you have problems. My first just turned one and getting her to lay still is impossible.  Often if she has hard pants to get back on, she ends up just crawling around in her diaper a bit until I can get her to stay still for a minute. Tights are only for special occation dresses (they are a pain) and leggins are a bit harder, but not too bad.  Pants and skirts are the easiest!

In my opinion layering is cute when they are young, but doesn't work too well with them when they start being mobile (unless you are going out in the cold) because it impedes them a bit.  My baby tries to take things off sometimes if it gets in her way. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have bought a few pairs of baby legs for that exact reason. Tights seem to be such a pain to pull down when you need to change baby. I like the idea of different patterns and her legs wil still stay nice and warm. Baby legs can also be worn on their arms as well :)

Happy shopping

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not a fan of legwarmers and will not be getting those.  I can only comment on pants or tights becuase I have a boy at home and he never wore a dress or leggings - LOL.  I can only imagine that leggings and tights would be no different than pants.. it's a pain, to be honest.  Especially on a squirming toddler.  Everything below the waist comes off when changing diapers -- poop or pee for me.  Even now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"