Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Christmas Pics

Hi ladies!  Where have you gotten (or plan to get) Christmas pics taken?  JCP, Sears, Target?  Somewhere else?  Did you love them/hate them?  Do you think the prices were reasonable or ridiculous?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas Pics

• Options

We used Picture People last year at Christmas.  They were good at the actual picture taking, but NEVER go on a Saturday near Christmas.  Even with an appointment, they were over 30 minutes late.  Luckily we got a couple of family shots, then, since I was off on leave, I brought my DD back in on a Tuesday morning for more shots.  The pictures were a little more than I'd like to pay, but not ridiculous.  Overall, I was not impressed and will not be going back.  We're going to try Target this year because we have a gift certificate.  Overall I would give a "No" vote to PIcture People.

FYI, if you or your husband are a teacher, I believe you can get a discount at JCP.

• Options

we go to portrait innovations!! they have decent packages and always good specials! for what its worth Target and JcPenny are the same photo company itself. we have always loved our pics from jcp,target and portrait innovations! i found that portrait innovations i have more of a choice of shots, so if baby is cranky this is helpful!!! and they print your photos and cards right there within (usually) an hour,so you take them all home that day!! where the other studios you have to wait a  week or two or them. Sears is supposed to print them too now too,but i've always had bad experiences there along with my sister in laws! plus with portrait innovations, your photo cd (with all shots) are included with all packages including the $89 one!!!

my siggy pic of the kiddos is our latest pic from portrait innovations(just them due to it being dh's gift from them a special coffee mug) so i didnt have him there! but we are going back for family pics in the next couple weeks

Kristen&Randy Married:6/30/2007 Had Faith 6/17/2008 Robbie 10/12/2011 image photos by Oh What Love Photography and Design imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We went to Target a few times when DS was really little for pictures, but I ended up just doing his Christmas pictures myself.  Last year, I used a point and shoot camera with some homemade props and backdrops.  This year my camera is a DSLR, but the backdrops are still homemade.

Get creative and have fun!  You'll save a ton of $$ and the pictures will look better than what they can do at places like Target or JCP, IMO.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"