North Carolina Babies
Options

Breast Pump Recommendations

I went to BRU and Target to register this weekend and I was a little overwhelmed by the breast pumps.  I'm a FTM and I have no clue which one is the best. 

I will be going back to work after12 weeks and plan to try and BF for a year if LO will cooperate.  So this means that I need a pump that's going to work well - fairly quiet would also be nice. 

Any advice you can give will be great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Breast Pump Recommendations

• Options
    I have the Avent isis double electric pump and LOVE it.  I tried the Medela Swing and also the Lansinoh Affinity and didn't really like either of those.  The Avent is quiet, and can also be used as a manual pump.  It's comparable to hospital grade pumps, cheaper than Medela, good quality and customer service and so far I've pumped a lot more with it than the Medela or Lansinoh.  HTH!
  • Options
    This is very helpful!  Both of my sisters said that they had the Medela and liked it but they also were SAHMs and didn't have to use theirs as often as I will be using mine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Ameda Purely Yours which is the same as the Lansinoh and I highly recommend it. I was a SAHM with DS but I used mine all the time because I was an EP'er so really I used it more then a nursing working mom. I plan to use the same one with the next kiddo and have nothing negative to say about it. Its very moderately priced.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Medea pump in style worked great for a year and I plan on using it again soon!
  • Options
    I have the medela pump in style and loved it and will use it again. Your choices are confusing bc of the different bag styles they offer but I'm pretty sure unless they've changed that the pump is the same. I got the tote and it was great for bringing into work bc I could fit extra stuff in there (pumping bra, extra supplies and steam bags to clean the parts). 

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a Medela PIS with DS and I liked it. It served me well while I was pumping. I sold it, so I'll have to get another pump for this one. I might look into the Ameda since I've heard good things about it and it's less expensive.
  • Options
    Lansinoh double electric (same as ameda purely yours but purple). Loved it and loved that I wasn't forced into a particular bag. Also it has a closed pump system which means milk can never back up and contaminate it,

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options
    I worked and had the Medela PIS and I loved it!  Will use it again when we have another.
  • Options

imageMRSGOLABONTE:
    Lansinoh double electric (same as ameda purely yours but purple). Loved it and loved that I wasn't forced into a particular bag. Also it has a closed pump system which means milk can never back up and contaminate it,

I have this one also.  used it a lot with DD#2 and hope to continue using it with this guy.  Very happy with it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra and have been happy with it so far. I have not returned to work yet, but I will be soon.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"