C-sections

Any hints or suggestions?

I had a unplanned c-section on Tuesday morning at 3am. Do experienced moms have any hints/ suggestions for healing? My doctor just gave me some pain meds and told me to rest.

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Any hints or suggestions?

• Did you get a abdominal binder at the hospital? I wore one for the first ten days and I found that it really helped me.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Walk.  Resting too much slows down your helaing and makes getting back to normal a lot harder. Don't over do it, but frequent short walks make a huge difference.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Drink lots of water and continue taking your pain pills, even if you start feeling better.  Also I found that the days I was up and moving aorund a lot were the days that I ached a lot more.  Don't over do it, you had major surgery, so take care of yourself!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• keep the sutures clean and dry! If you have any redness around the sutures tell the doctor.

I used vitamin E oil regularly on the scar after the sutures were removed, reduced the itchies and the scar become much less visible I think.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • What everyone else said.   Getting up and walking is good but don't over do it!  Make sure you are getting good nutrition and staying hydrated.  And stay on top of the pain - take your meds before you start feeling yucky.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Walk, but don't over-do it. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Drink lots of water. Hold a pillow against your incision when you have to sneeze/cough/laugh. Keep taking your meds and stool softeners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"