Georgia Babies
Options

Britax Blvd harness - tightening problem

We have a Britax Boulevard in my car and a Marathon in DH's care.  The Marathon is fine, but I have had nothing but problems tightening the harness straps on the Boulevard.

I feel like I can't get the Boulevard harness straps snug enough. You *really* have to crank down on the harness adjuster for it to tighten. Anyone else have this issue?

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Britax Blvd harness - tightening problem

• Options
    It took me quite a while to "get" the Boulevards (no clue if it's similar to the Marathon).  I really have to pull-pull-pull repeatedly to get it tight.  I was used to one long tug on our Snugrides.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

imagekeg:
    It took me quite a while to "get" the Boulevards (no clue if it's similar to the Marathon).  I really have to pull-pull-pull repeatedly to get it tight.  I was used to one long tug on our Snugrides.

Maybe I'm a weakling - I struggle with it.  Even DH does, too.  I did clean it out very well (random cheerios, etc. stuck in there) and it didn't help any.

EDD 12/24/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm, you know what?  I think I'd give Britax a call.  It couldn't hurt. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

imagekeg:
    Hmmm, you know what?  I think I'd give Britax a call.  It couldn't hurt. 

Yeah, I guess I really need to -  I just hate talking on the phone ;)

EDD 12/24/15

• Options
    Ironically, we just received our brand new Boulevard for this reason. Over the past 6 months or so, it's just been ridiculously hard to tighten and we were going to put Parker in it. I didn't feel safe enough putting him in it because once in the car I wasn't able to tighten it enough. I called Britax, explained my problem, and they shipped out a brand new (even the newer model) car seat in 3 days. They recommended sending the old one back in the box and even sent return labels and we just dropped it off at a UPS store. I love love love Britax.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options

imagemrsd0907:
    Ironically, we just received our brand new Boulevard for this reason. Over the past 6 months or so, it's just been ridiculously hard to tighten and we were going to put Parker in it. I didn't feel safe enough putting him in it because once in the car I wasn't able to tighten it enough. I called Britax, explained my problem, and they shipped out a brand new (even the newer model) car seat in 3 days. They recommended sending the old one back in the box and even sent return labels and we just dropped it off at a UPS store. I love love love Britax.

Awesome - thank you for sharing this!  Now I will get off my butt and call today!

EDD 12/24/15

• Options
    Late to the game, but I noticed mine was hard to tighten when the harness was too low on his shoulders and needed to be raised.  My DS though is still RFing so maybe this isn't the problem but just wanted to through that out there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"