South Florida Babies
Options

Holiday gifts for kids this yr

I know it is a bit premature, as Thanksgiving still hasn't passed, but I'm trying to figure out what to get the boys this yr for Christmas!  Their bday just passed, and they got a few toys.  The toy room is becoming a bit overwhelming... need to clear it out and organize better, but I digress.

What are you getting your kiddies this yr for the holidays? 

Dh and I considered a playset but 1) they are too little to enjoy alone, and 2) we both have to be present for them both to enjoy together.  We also thought of the pool fence, but inlaws are buying that for us (woohoo!).

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Holiday gifts for kids this yr

• Options

I have to start thinking about these things! Would love to see what others suggest as well. 

So far:

Evan - educational cards, a Vtech globe

Ethan - a xylophone

We got a swing set for Christmas when Evan was 2.5 yrs old and Ethan was 4 months. Not until now is Ethan starting to enjoy it more. But it is definitely something they will enjoy more when they are 2 yrs or older.   

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imageAlbah:

We got a swing set for Christmas when Evan was 2.5 yrs old and Ethan was 4 months. Not until now is Ethan starting to enjoy it more. But it is definitely something they will enjoy more when they are 2 yrs or older.   

And for that reason, I think we'll wait until next Christmas for the swing set.  I'd like to get them one big gift that they can share (ie, swing set, big jeep) but all I can think of, they are too young still.  I know the family will get them a ton of toys, so I don't want to go overboard myself.

I thought about one of those outdoor houses, but we don't have a terrace, so I think it will get ruined rather quickly... and DH is against putting in indoors (which I thought was an excellent idea).  : )  

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One Step Ahead has lot of indoor toys/play areas/ballpits with swings perfect for toddlers ages 1-4.
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH and I were just talking about this today and I think we are going to basically change her play area set-up as her Christmas gift.  She's all over the house now, but mostly plays in the family room. So, I want to get her a storage unit with bins to keep her toys in and possibly either a play kitchen or a table and chair.  I like the idea of a little house for the backyard, but she's still too little.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"