Ohio Babies

Where do I buy cheap baby stuff in C-bus?

helgason11helgason11 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

I'm pregnant with my first babies (twins!) and have been wondering where to buy cribs, high chairs, etc. I will do research online of course, but I had also thought of perusing consignment stores, maybe Craigslist.. and any baby stores that don?t require your first-born (hello, Buy Buy Baby?!).

Any tips? 

Re: Where do I buy cheap baby stuff in C-bus?

• Have you joined the Columbus Mothers of Twins Club?  They have a semi-annual sale that you can shop early at to find all of the items you listed.  I don't think the next sale is until April, not sure where you are due.  

There are other consignment sales around town too.  Try searching Three Bags Full.  There are also ones done at local churches.  

I bought my nursery furniture at BBB, but BRU has some pretty affordable cribs. I've also herd people find affordable cribs and furniture at Target and Wal Mart.  Most of my other items were hand me downs from friends.  

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First, congratulations! :)

Second, for cribs, high chairs: Ikea. They have cribs for $79 high chairs for $19 and they are pretty cute if you ask me. Same for the rest of the furniture. Now, if you want to go even cheaper I would check on craigslist. Once upon a child or the consignment shops don't usually carry furniture, at least not good buys.

As the PP mentioned, there are consignment "events" around Columbus and you can get really good deals. In my experience Three Bags Full carry items that seem older, more worn out and pricier for their state. My favorite is Polka Dots, I've gotten really good things and priced fairly. Also, Dublin's rec center has a big community yard sale once or twice a year.

Lastly, have fun shopping for your twins!!! :)

• Loading the player...
  • I got my Crib and Dresser at JCPenney Outlet. My Crib was originally over 200 and I paid 75 dollars for it, and the Dresser was originally 350.00 and I only paid 100. They have great deals, but you have to keep checking their stock because you never know what they will get in. Good luck !

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Thanks you guys! This helps a lot :)
  • Also try here. You can see if there is a store near you. https://www.onceuponachild.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"