Boston Babies
Options

MUST HAVE ITEMS- please read this, for your own good!

i know we've all seen these product recommendations, and some of us tend to ignore them... but having waited too long myself- and wishing i had bought them sooner, i figured i'd warn you ladies not to be as silly as i've been!

-MATERNITY SUPPORT BELT: it doesn't just help your back! i had severe pain in my hips/butt/thighs due to shifting of my pelvic bones (thanks, relaxin) and went to PT for months. now, all i do is put on my support belt, and am good to go! no PT required. oh, and it helps alleviate pressure on your poor bladder. less trips to the potty will make anyone happy...

-WEDGE PILLOW- i've always had back pain, so i kinda ignored it as my pregnancy progressed. then my mom convinced me to buy one of these ($12 at babies r us), and i've been amazed at the significant difference in pain throughout the night. big bellies weigh too much not to have a little pillow of their own!

-INSOLES- i developed plantar fasciitis (thanks, again, relaxin) about 2 months ago. i tried on about a million pairs of shoes, and none seemed to have enough support for my poor, strained arches. i ended up getting insoles at The Walking Company (which seemed really expensive- $75) and have felt so much better since. i put on my sneakers as soon as i get out of bed, and wear them all day. with them my feet are only a little sore. without them, i can barely walk. 

i hope that this advice reaches at least a few of you... i would have felt a lot better these past few months if i had only known!  

Re: MUST HAVE ITEMS- please read this, for your own good!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"