C-sections
Options

2nd time mamas...pain while pregnant with #2?

For those of you who have already had a c-section and are pregnant again, have u had any sharp pains near where your original incision was?! I have been having pains on one side that I definitely didn't have with dd#1.  I'm thinking it's the scar tissue stretching.  Going to ask my dr. Next appointment but curious if anyone else felt something like this. Super uncomfortable!! I started feeling them around 30 weeks, 33 weeks now.

Re: 2nd time mamas...pain while pregnant with #2?

• Options
    Yes, started a couple of weeks ago with twinges on one side.  My OB said it is just the scar tissue stretching.  It is uncomfortable but not excruciating.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am preggo with my third, and I haven't had that pain this time, but I remember having sharp stretching pain along my scar the second time around, especially when I sneezed or coughed late in pregnancy!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had some pretty bad adhesions with #2. I would be at complete rest and it would hit me so hard that my back arched and I would lose my breath. My OB said that it was the scar tissue that had adhered to my other organs (bladder, etc) being stretched and torn. It was horrible but I just had to live with it til DD2 was born. I'm really hoping that it doesn't happen with #3.

Good Luck. Smile

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes!  This happened to me the last few weeks of this pregnancy.  It was in the same spot every time and it would stop me in my tracks it hurt so bad.  My OB said that it was LO pressing on it from the inside (probably when she stretched/moved) and that it was not an issue unless I saw bleeding.  The pain was a sharp sting or burn like pain and it was not fun.  I just tried to lay down and get little one to settle down when it got really bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    I started having this at 19 weeks, it does not make me look forward to how bad it could get later on.
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had that around 34 weeks. It was a little worrisome because I thought I was going to burst open. Its the scar tissue that is just a little more sensitive to stretching than muscle and skin.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

yup... Dr told me it was "growing pains" and so long as they didnt turn unbearable or get worse not to worry.

My definition of "worse" would be long term pain, not random sharp stabbys. Also deeper pain, spreading pain. 33 weeks in and they finally stopped.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"