Houston Babies

Sibling Visit Rules @ Mem Hermann Med Center

I'm delivering at Memorial Hermann in the Med Center in January and wondering if they have any rules regarding sibling visits.  I went on the tour a few weeks ago and the lady leading it was a total witch and did not want to answer any questions.  She actually beat us to the parking garage after it was over...obvious she had other things to do besides her job.  I know I could call the hospital and ask, but was hoping someone here has the inside scoop.  Thanks!

Re: Sibling Visit Rules @ Mem Hermann Med Center

• My SIL just gave birth there 3 weeks ago and we learned that visiting policy is very lax. At one point we had 9 people in the room with SIL :) If you're wondering about minors... the only true rule they had was that they couldn't be sick. We had a 3yo and a 6mo old visiting. HTH! Oh and visiting hours are over at 9pm, but I don't think the nurses even cared to monitor that. Most of us left around 8:45 though.
  • Thanks Amy!  Our daughter will be 16 months old when her sister is born.  It's a scheduled c-section and I can't imagine going 4 days without seeing my girl!  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • It was 2 years ago, but we had no problems with DD visiting. She was 2.5 at the time. She sat in bed with me and stole food from my lunch tray. No problems with visitors of any sort.
    - Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"