quick wwyd: bfing — The Bump
North Carolina Babies

quick wwyd: bfing

At bedtime Nate usually nurses 10 min each side like clock work.  Over the past few weeks, he has been more variable--ranging between 7-11 min each side.  Not sure if this is because he's starting eating some solids or not.

He has had a cold this week and it's been really hard for him to nurse since he's so stuffy.  The past 3 nights he's only nursed a total of 4-5 minutes (either 2 min or so on each side or 4-5 min on one side and then refusing to nurse more).  So I've pumped after he's down.

Tonight I got him to nurse sitting up and he nursed about 5-6 min on each side.  Do I pump or not?  Opinions?? 

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: quick wwyd: bfing

• I would just go with what he drinks during that time and not pump if you don't typically.  I went through this with both girls.  They'd drop to nursing only about 5 min on each side (or just one side).  Our pedi said that was normal for the age.  That they get about 95% of the milk in the first 5 minutes anyways.  Have you thought about maybe trying to space out nursing more?  At 6 mo. I was dropped to nursing 4 times a day (morning, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and bedtime) which we stuck with until weaning at 12.5 mo.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards