Delaware Babies

Choosing a Pediatrician - Wilmington

Hello,

I am due in February and starting to look into choosing a Pediatrician in the Wilmington area. Does anyone have a pediatrician that they love or have found one with great reviews? I can't seem to find reviews anywhere!

Thanks! 

Re: Choosing a Pediatrician - Wilmington

• I like Just Kids Pediatrics (it's in Newark off 7 and 58)...I was referred there by a couple of friends and my doctor was rated one of the top doctors of 2010 (Dr. Kirifides).  She's really nice and very patient with us and my million questions...

Ultimately, I would suggest going to a few places, get a feel for the atmosphere, see if they have a well vs sick waiting area (nice to have), Saturday hours (if that's important to you), and on call (just in case something happens outside office hours).  Another selling point for me was a nurses line that you can call into, free of charge, to ask questions for the doc.  I have used this a number of times already and it's super helpful because babies apparently don't come with instructions!

Hope that helps :)

• I go to First State Pediatric and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! Both my husband and I are in healthcare and instantly loved them. My SIL (who is a nurse at CHOP) goes there as well and loves it! I see Dr. Healey and she is amazing, honest and great :)

We go to the Hockessin office but there is one also in Newark (not sure where) https://www.firststatepediatrics.com/

GL

• Loading the player...
  • We also use First State Pediatrics... Dr .Healy is awesome! I work in a child care center and a lot of the families go there...that why I choose them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"