Northern California Babies
Options

South Bay Maternity Photos location?

Any suggestions for locations to shoot maternity photos in the south bay?

My photographer is suggesting Sanborn park. I've only been once. He prefers that over Vasona. His other recent suggestion was the SC Boardwalk but I don't really like the Boardwalk. I want to involve my dogs, so that might limit my options.

TIA! 

Re: South Bay Maternity Photos location?

• Options

I think Vasona is great and cool since I am sure you have ran in that area too. What about the Campbell Park area??

Isn't Sanborn Park way up in the hills?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageabvernon:

I think Vasona is great and cool since I am sure you have ran in that area too. What about the Campbell Park area??

Isn't Sanborn Park way up in the hills?

Yeah, its past Saratoga. He says there is lots of good landscape for variety (boulders, trees, etc). Maybe the SC boardwalk is better.. we can do beach stuff to. I like Vasona, but I don't think it would be amazing for photos.. could be wrong though. Plus, they have all the Christmas stuff setup that we'd have to work around.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been awhile since I've walked through it, but Kelly Park (by Happy Hollow and the Japanese Friendship Garden) used to be really pretty...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    We got married at Sanborn Park! It's not that far past Saratoga and the photog is right, it is really pretty. Another option near there is Hakone Gardens. Absolutely GORGEOUS location (we took our wedding photos there). You have to pay to take photos there but I don't think it's much. They're not very photo friendly at the Japanese Friendship Gardens in SJ. Vasona is nice too.
  • Options
    I am not familiar with the SB but wanted to say that I almost always go where ever the photographer asks us too. This weekend we went to an abandoned building and while it felt a little odd, I know those pictures will be great because our photographer knows that location and how to set shots to get the kind we like. I feel like most good photographers know the best locations around them and which ones will and won't work for things like dogs or a 3yr old who likes to run off. Just my 2 cents, to trust your photographer.
  • Options

imageZoeMay06:
    We got married at Sanborn Park! It's not that far past Saratoga and the photog is right, it is really pretty. Another option near there is Hakone Gardens. Absolutely GORGEOUS location (we took our wedding photos there). You have to pay to take photos there but I don't think it's much. They're not very photo friendly at the Japanese Friendship Gardens in SJ. Vasona is nice too.

I didn't know you got married there! I've been there once for Shakespeare in the park (at least I think thats where it was). I should go back out and check it out but not sure I will have time in the next 2 weeks. Do you think that would be better over the Santa Cruz boardwalk? The park seems more our style.. 

I've heard of Hakone too, but I'm guessing they won't let me bring my dogs in for a few photos (we just want some.. not all). I'll ask my photographer about that too.

• Options

imagekittylove:
    I am not familiar with the SB but wanted to say that I almost always go where ever the photographer asks us too. This weekend we went to an abandoned building and while it felt a little odd, I know those pictures will be great because our photographer knows that location and how to set shots to get the kind we like. I feel like most good photographers know the best locations around them and which ones will and won't work for things like dogs or a 3yr old who likes to run off. Just my 2 cents, to trust your photographer.

Good point! 

• Options
    imagetonic:

imageZoeMay06:

I didn't know you got married there! I've been there once for Shakespeare in the park (at least I think thats where it was). I should go back out and check it out but not sure I will have time in the next 2 weeks. Do you think that would be better over the Santa Cruz boardwalk? The park seems more our style.. 

I've heard of Hakone too, but I'm guessing they won't let me bring my dogs in for a few photos (we just want some.. not all). I'll ask my photographer about that too.

Yeah sorry, you're right about Hakone, no dogs allowed. I should have double checked before suggesting it. I think the boardwalk would be fine but it's important for the photos to reflect your style and personality. Didn't someone on here have some gorgeous photos taken on the SCU campus? Maybe SportyMrs took them? Hopefully she or some of the other local photography ladies will chime in.
  • Options

I've never shot at Sanborn Park but now I'm interested to check it out.  I have shot at Vasona....it's nice but not my favorite spot.  Zoe is right, Santa Clara University is beautiful spot for pictures..I have done quite a few sessions there.  Just gorgeous.

I'd probably go with what your photographer suggested because he/she is probably familiar with the area and already knows where the good spots are as far as lighting/background/surroundings go.  But if it's the not the type of location you are looking for, let him/her know what you want and maybe they'll have another place they are familiar with that they can suggest.  Or offer a suggestion as far as location and the photographer can go to the location beforehand and check out the area/lighting for the location.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"