Georgia Babies
Options

Natural Gas: 0.579 per therm 12 mth fixed, Good?

Is that good? We got a flyer from Scana with $0.579 per therm for 12 months or $0.599 per therm for 6 months. Would you do one?

also does anyone know if we have to have our credit reports unlocked to switch? We keep our credit locked unless we need it

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Natural Gas: 0.579 per therm 12 mth fixed, Good?

• Options
    Sounds like a good deal to me. If you have another provider, they'll often match the offer you've received. That's worked well for us at GNG.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just switched from GA Natural Gas to WaltonEMC for $.629 per therm, fixed-rate for 12 months.  We were paying about $1.39 with GNG, which was ridiculous.  They charged a $25 change fee and they DID run our credit reports.  Not sure if all companies do that, but Walton did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was the first year I actually shopped around for gas, after seeing a report by Clark Howard. He talked about whitefence.com, which is a utility comparison website.  We went from GNG, to Gas South with a locked in price of $0.699 per therm for 12 months and we are also get a $5 credit each billing statement, which covers the monthly fee they charge.  I think they did run our credit, but we also didn't have to pay a change fee. 
  • Options

imagewuhhoo:
    Sounds like a good deal to me. If you have another provider, they'll often match the offer you've received. That's worked well for us at GNG.

Um I didn't even thinking about call Walton EMC to see if they would match or give us close to that rate. I think I'll call them during nap time and see what they say.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, we got this too.  Gas South tried to get us to renew at .67 so I'm glad I held off.  I'll be calling and asking them to match Scana's offer.

• Options
    Check out https://www.psc.state.ga.us/gas/pricecard.asp. Look for aples to apples for comparsons. I sell stream Energy and they always have great intro prices. But check out the site. It will give you an idea of what all the other providers are doing and where some hidden charges are. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"