August 2011 Moms

Morning Sickness at 8DPO?...lol

I wasn't able to find my first post on the Aug. 11 board, but I did find a very embarrasing post that I made on TTGP about throwing up at 8DPO and being excited that I might be pregnant.

I sort of got flamed because people didn't think that I could have morning sickness that early. Well..... I tested 2 days later AND..... I got my BFP! LOL.

I knew something was up with my body!

What was your earliest symptom that made you think you were pregnant?

ETA: Spelling.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Morning Sickness at 8DPO?...lol

• I didn't think I was pregnant - I though AF was finally on the way - I had terrible cramping/bloating/boob pain. I had just stopped BC 2 months before and I knew my periods might be irregular, so that's what I thought it was! I would have never thought of it unless my friend told me to POAS!
  • LOL - I wrote some pretty silly posts in my day, too. Makes me blush to think about some of them. lol

Earliest symptoms - With DD1, I was super bloated. Like can-hardly-do-my-pants bloated. I thought it was just AF bloat, though. With DD2, nothing. I was charting and was really trying to hold out testing because we don't have dollar-store tests here and I'm cheap like that. (Seriously, at $6-7 a pop, stocking up on pee sticks isn't really a good idea) I don't think I would have thought to test if I hadn't been charting because I had absolutely no symptom. So you could say my first symptom ended up being a BFP :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I planned it out, and knew that my "prime time" was a certain day. I had just stopped the pill and we figured we would give it a shot. A while later, DH and I were joking around he was rubbing my belly saying HI baby! He then was like.. what is that line? I looked at my stomach and there was a very faint line. I went and grabbed a test and BOOM! 
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wasn't charting or anything. I thought that I was out b/c I had spotting, and I had been having spotting every month for awhile leading up to my period. But then it stopped, and I had lots of bleeding during sex about a week after when I thought AF should have arrived (and the blood did not appear to be AF). That made me go buy a test and it was positive! I never once took a pregnancy test before I had reason to believe that I was most likely pregnant, so I only ever took the one (ok, that one and then I went ahead and used the other two in the pack just for fun!).
  • I still smelled dog puke the couch 5 days after we cleaned it up. It was still before AF could be late, but I decided to test anyway. We got the BFP on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I remember being so nauseous from all the different smells at T-day dinner. And of course, no one knew yet. Sweet potatoes were the worst!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At 9DPO my boobs grew 3 sizes and were sooo sore.  I was waiting to POAS till 14 DPO because I didn't want to waste any but I knew I was pregnant without a doubt.  So I took a test and I freaked out because it was positive.
  • I was due on Thanksgiving and nothing. I took a test that night and couldn't tell. I called a friend and she said she had period like cramps and I did too. Friday I took 2 more and we will still couldnt read them. Saturday we headed home after spending a few days with the inlaws and bought a digital. That test I could read, DH made me take a few more! Monday I went to the doc and had it confirmed. My birthday was that Friday and we told our families.

• I threw up after I ate KFC and knew something was wrong!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • For me, it was the strong sense of smell combined with nausea. The day before we got our BFP we went to eat at a local favorite diner. DH ordered brussels sprouts and I could smell our food coming from a mile away... then the server set them in front of me Ick!

we bought tests on the way home from that dinner & the next day, BFP!

• Looking back at pictures, I look bloated, but at the time I didn't think anything of it because I have always had struggles with my weight. But then I was 4 days late. I thought stress, but nope. Got a BFP, and then another one 3 days later just to be sure.
  • My sister was putting on Victoria's Secret Pear Glaze lotion (I will never ever forget that smell lol) and I kept telling her I thought I was going to throw up, and sure enough, I did. Ugh, I still can't stand that smell..blech!!
  • We were on our way to Thanksgiving dinner, and DH was driving too fast around the round-a-bouts. I felt really nauseous, and thought something was off. I didn't think I was pregnant though...I just thought I had a bug coming on. Nope! : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh my goodness I had no symptoms! I even got a BFN on a FRER at 8dp5dt (13dpo). I had no hope when I went to get my beta drawn 2 days later and was in total shock when it was finally positive after more than 2 years of trying :)
  • My gums were bleeding when I brushed my teeth. I had a strong feeling I was pg after that, but it took three tests until I got a positive at 10 or 11 dpo.
  • I was cramping for a few days. I never cramped without spotting, especially for more than a day before AF came on full force.
  • DH and I were walking through the mall and the smell of roasted holiday nuts made me almost vomit. I got my BFP the next morning.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • imagemdargie:
    I didn't think I was pregnant - I though AF was finally on the way - I had terrible cramping/bloating/boob pain. I had just stopped BC 2 months before and I knew my periods might be irregular, so that's what I thought it was! I would have never thought of it unless my friend told me to POAS!

Same here.  I kept waiting for AF to come because I was cramping and my breasts were sore, which is totally normal for me.  After more than a week of "menstrual cramps" but no AF I took a test just to be sure and got a BFP.  I was surprised but sooo excited!  Plus, I got my BFP on December 21st so we told the family on Christmas as an extra special gift.  Party!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I was looking at an email with those chalk drawings that guy does that look like you can walk into them (see below) and I got serious vertigo, probably around 8-10DPO. I laughed and joked about it to another Bumpie in an email saying, "haha, I must be pregnant." I got my BFP at 12 DPO Big Smile

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• CRYING! LOL! I literally cried over everything and it was nuts. I thought there was something up when I cried in the frozen food section at Safeway.

• I was charting and knew that we had sex when I ovulated and were in the 2 ww. At 7DPO I went to the doctor because of an awful sore throat (strep) and sharp back pains. They ended up sending me to the ER because I had a temp of 103 and was in a crazy amount of pain. The ER did a blood test and it was negative. They ran a bunch of tests and put me on a strong antibiotic. 5 days later at 12 DPO, something told me to POAS and it was positive! They never did find out what caused the back pain and DS appears to be unaffected by the strong meds! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was charting, so when my temp stayed up for a week, I got really excited. I actually had a positive at 8dpo. I didn't want to say anything, because the odds are really low. I took many more tests until my doc appointment.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My 36 c's sprouted about 2 sizes in a week and were so tender I coulda cried when I hugged someone...
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"