Cincinnati Babies
Options

Day Care

Anyone used Blue Ash Educational Center?

I toured recently, but I wasn't "wowed" by it. However, it meets my needs, is close to my house, and I have heard good things about it from my co-workers. Plus, the staff that I met were incredibly nice and have been with the place forever. They were feeding babies when I visited and I enjoyed seeing how they interact with them. And the price is great compared to other places I have visited.

I am not entirely sure why I hesitate to send in the application though. I have the check written and in an envelope to send, but something is holding me back. Part of me feels like it is not "the one" and yet I am just about out of time in trying to secure a spot for my LO. I have visited a bunch of others that I have ruled out, and it is by far the best option. Maybe it's just the beginning of fear over leaving my little one with strangers, I don't know.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Blue Ash Educational Center?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Day Care

• Options
    I toured it, but it was more than 3 years ago, so things may have changed. Like you, I wasn't "wowed." I liked the price, but that was it. We knew which center was for us as soon as we walked in the door.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    I haven't heard much about the Blue Ash Ed Center, but I have heard great things about the Y in Blue Ash.  They apparently do a lot of great activities with the kids, including swimming and music.  It is an older center, but I have heard a lot of raves.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a friend that took her first son there when he was about 6 months old. She only had him there for a week, though. I can't remember what the issue was, but she was extremely upset with them and pulled her son.
  • Options
    I have not heard great things about it. A friend of mine had her daughter there for kindergarten and was not happy at all. One of her complaints was that they watched a lot of tv and cartoons in the afternoons.
  • Options

imageallibaba76:
    I have not heard great things about it. A friend of mine had her daughter there for kindergarten and was not happy at all. One of her complaints was that they watched a lot of tv and cartoons in the afternoons.

Interesting... maybe that's why they don't allow tours after lunch time.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think I am going to continue looking and hope that I walk in somewhere and find that it's "the one."

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

No experience, but like PP said, you'll know when you go to the center that's right for you.  I'd be concerned if they don't allow tours in the afternoon....that's weird to me.

Good luck in your search!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageallibaba76:

This was a big issue of mine, too. An ex-co-worker had both of her kids there and she was ok with the amount of TV, but that was absolutely not ok with me.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

Re: touring after lunch...could also be because kids are napping until 2-ish? Also most preschools do their structured activities in the morning and the afternoon is more of a free play (which in this case sounds like it might involve TV).  But just to be clear I am not speaking from my own personal experience. This was information from a friend of mine. That said, I still wouldn't completely nix the center from your list. Take a tour and see, just to be sure. Good luck!

• Options
    A friend of mine tried to randomly tour their facility and they wouldn't let him and his wife in. I'm not sure what time of day they went, but he felt like they were too secretive and he didn't like that fact that they weren't open with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"