Stay at Home Moms

Where does your H get his work clothes?

Mine needs a serious overhaul.

TIA! 

Re: Where does your H get his work clothes?

• Mine wears jeans, big rubber boots, and a butcher coat so I'm no help lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    Mine wears jeans, big rubber boots, and a butcher coat so I'm no help lol.

My H just got a new job.  I'm thinking if he showed up for his first day in this outfit he'd quickly be shown the door :) 

• Loading the player...
  • DH loathes shopping and I love it, so I buy his clothes.  All of his work stuff (business casual - so, khaki's and polos/long sleeve dress shirts) are either from Kohl's or Target.
  • imageEnglishMajor03:

imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    Mine wears jeans, big rubber boots, and a butcher coat so I'm no help lol.

My H just got a new job.  I'm thinking if he showed up for his first day in this outfit he'd quickly be shown the door :) 

Probably not such a hot idea.  Congrats to your H on the new job!

• MH has to wear full blown suits, we go to Jos A Banks or Macy's.  Mostly Macy's but I LOVE Jos A Banks Traveler Line for shirts - no ironing required!
  • Suits: Brooks Brothers

Dressy Casul: Gordmans for Perry Elis clothes

• DH wears Dickies and we usually get them on Dickies.com or Walmart.com.

I like Elder-Beerman (is that still a thing outside of here?) and Macy's for dressier clothes.  They can be expensive, but have really good clearance deals.

ETA: I forgot JCP.com.  DH needs both big and tall sizes and they have a large selection of different sizes for cheap especially when there is a $10 off $25 code and free shipping to store.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • He doesn't wear suits, but wears nice slacks and a long sleeve button down most days. He pretty much only wears Haggar pants and Stafford shirts (both of which are no iron!) and we get them at JC Penney. Everything looks nice and crisp. He also has some Dockers khaki pants from there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Brooks Brothers. He gets his stuff tailored. My DH is very picky with his clothing and also pretty conservative with it as well, and Brooks Brothers is perfect. His company offers a big discount as well.

For shirts, he also goes to Thomas Pink. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • My DH loves Mens Wearhouse, I think he loves it so much because I can't shop for myself when we go there, lol!  He either wears a suit or sometimes slacks and a golf jacket to work.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dickies from WalMart and golf polos from Dillards.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Norstroms Rack and Off Saks has great sales on suits.  Jos A Bank has great suit sales too.

I love the Rack because I can always sneak in a pair of shoes for myself!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jos A Bank, Nordstrom, Macy's, Land's End, LL Bean.

Such a random menagerie, lol.

• I think a lot depends on what type of clothing your DH needs...  JCP is great - prices for quality level are usually great...  Sears is another along the same price point lines...

As for work clothes/Carhartt type, Sportsman's Guide of all places...  Fleet Farm too...

Thankfully, for DH's work, he wears what he wants as long as the shirt has a logo on it... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Suits from Nordstrom and sometimes Men's Wearhouse, shirts from Polo (at outlet, or otherwise Macy's or other dept stores) and he also loves the Kirkland brand shirts from Costco.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mostly Brooks Brothers and Banana Republic
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Usually Kohl's or JcPenney's...his dress code is pretty laid back.  Half the time he wears khaki's, the other half it's jeans.  He just wears a nice button down shirt every day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • L.L.Bean, but he wears jeans, polo shirts, and steel toe boots to his job at a shipyard.

When he's needed dressier clothes, he's gotten some at Men's Wearhouse and Sears.

Before my dad retired, he always wore the Stafford oxford shirts from JCPenney.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When he used to dress up... Kohls for button ups. Men's Wearhouse and Joseph A Banks for suits. 
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• He gets suits from the Banana Outlet or Macys.  If you watch for sales you can get a good suit for $200-$250 at either place (normally $400+). 

Steinmart is a good place for dress pants.

• Haggar, Geoffery Beene and Van Heusen outlet stores.  TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Macys.
    Succes after IF - DXN PCOS 2008 Surpise BFP 7/2009 Baby B was born 2/2010 Baby A is on her way; surprise! Due 2/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mostly Brook's Brothers and Macy's. He also gets some shirts from Land's End.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Kohls for nice pants

Shirts at Marshalls...

We went to Kohls this weekend and he got 2 pairs of nice pants for 60.00, which is the price of one pair at Macy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"