Military Families
Options

cosleeping moms

i cosleep with my son this is ridiculous i was scared when i first had him to sleep with him but its the only way he would sleep and my mom watched me sleep and said my arm didnt move the whole time we slept its your motherly instict that knows your baby is there and that you cant roll over look at this link

https://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/co-sleeping

Re: cosleeping moms

• Options
    Yeah I think its stupid. There are safe ways to co-sleep. And most people who co-sleep to their research and know what they are doing. Its just like anything else, do your research and do what is best for your family. No one can tell you what is right in this case. Sometimes its either co-sleep, or mom and baby dont get any sleep. And having a half dead mom rocking a miserable baby isn't safe either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have to disagree that "motherly instinct" keeps you from moving. A friend of my mother's has a daughter whose baby just died from this about 8 months ago. She did her research, she loved her child, and she did co-sleeping. The end result was very sad. This woman had another child who also used to co-sleep with her. Sadly they assume that the baby snuggled into her breast while sleeping and died. It's sad to think that she was the one that brought on her child's death. The truth is they really couldn't tell. Babies don't always show signs of suffocation especially if it was a gentle suffocation, meaning the airway was obstructed just enough to restrict breathing. i don't think that any mother wants to go through that. Clearly motherly instinct is not flawless or no child would ever die this way unless the mother or father was impaired. Personally I would rather have 100 sleepless nights, then regret one night of sleep for the rest of my life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"