VBAC

Spacing

I know all doctors are different but what did yours suggest for a wait time for baby #2 to come vaginally?  I should've asked at my appointment but we aren't really planning any more kids.  I'm more just curious in the event of an oops I think.  Are there any doctors who don't really set a time period and would let you try regardless?  Anyone try sooner/against their doctor's advice anyway?  My doctor is pretty laid back about pregnancy in general but there are certain things he's really serious about. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spacing

• The first time I met my current doctor I was already pregnant with my second child. He was willing to let me try a trial of labor even though I was pregnant with my second only 9 months after my first c-section. Though he said I could try for a vbac if I wanted, he rather strongly suggested I have a rcs and so I did. After my second was born my doctor wanted me to wait at least two years before attempting to become pregnant if I wanted to try for a VBAC the third time around. So here I am, I waited exactly 2 years and then the next month we were pregnant lol! I only have 15 days till my due date and am so excited to give labor another go!
  • I was not given any restrictions at all.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's more of a preference, then a restriction.  Most want 18-24 months between births. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • While I wasnt successful at VBAC-ing, my OB let me attempt one. There were 12.5 months between my kids. My OB said I could have a VBAC no matter when I got pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Dr told me I needed to wait 1 year before getting pregnant. We waited 2 because we weren't ready to have another one so soon (wanted to be back at work longer so I could go on mat leave again). This baby will be born almost 3 years to the day from my C/S.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for sharing.  It seems most are saying bw 1 and 2 years but many drs want you to wait that long to recover before you get pregnant again regardless how you deliver.  I just really don't want to go through another c/s but I hate the notion of being told when to get pregnant too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My old midwife (CNM) said 2 years between births.  My current midwife (CPM) recommends 2 years, but I think she's okay with earlier.  Mine will be about 26 months, so I didn't have to discuss it much with her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • My doctors recommend 12 months between birth and getting pregnant. But-they are letting me try for VBAC w/ only 8 months between birth and pregnancy. There will be 17 months between deliveries. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My ob said I could get pregnant when I wanted, and he recommended a vbac for me.  I think it depends on the circumstances too.  DD was breach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"