Georgia Babies
Options

Where is the best place to buy appliances?

We need a range and microwave.  Where is the scratch and dent appliance center located?

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

Re: Where is the best place to buy appliances?

• Options
    I don't know about scratch and dent locations, but we've had good experiences with Brandsmart.  We bought our washer/dryer there as well as refrigerator, range, microwave, and dishwasher for our basement apartment kitchen there. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

We always just go to home depot.

There use to be a place on mountain industrial near 78 that was a scratch and dent but I'm not sure if it's still open or not

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDaisy22:

We always just go to home depot.

There use to be a place on mountain industrial near 78 that was a scratch and dent but I'm not sure if it's still open or not

yes, this place is still open.  we bought a replacement microwave there not too long ago.  but I think the rest of our appliances we bought all from sears.

• Options

we buy all of our appliances at Sears.  I don't know if you guys remember the trouble we had with refrigerator repair but in the end they went above and beyond to make things right and now I have the contact info for the people who can get sh!t done at Sears.  So keep that in mind if any of you need help w/ a Sears issue.

And I think Sears has a scratch and dent store in Atl.

• Options

I've had luck with HH Gregg (washer and dryer), Lowe's (fridge and stove), and Ikea (wall oven and microwave). All have been pretty good. I think HH Gregg's prices were more competitive.

Don't forget about BrandsMart. I got my plasma TV there and their prices were way better than anyone else around.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We just bought all new appliances this summer and HHGregg beat Brandsmart big time.  We got HHGregg down a good bit by just asking.
  • Options
    We got a fridge at Frys and our washer/dryer at Best Buy.  I can't remember where the dishwasher is from, maybe HHGregg?  Scratch and dent didn't really have what we wanted.  We found that a lot of stores will price match if you do some legwork.  Even if it isn't in an ad, you can always negotiate with a picture of the price on the appliance. 
  • Options
    I compared prices recently and lowes sale prices were the same as most of the discount places.  There used to be a sears scratch n dent close to Buford.  I also looked at brand Smart
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you are planning on moving or if someone you know is, Lowes sends out a 10% coupon.  You should also look on ebay to see if Home Depot or Lowes has coupons.  We bought a Home Depot coupon on eBay and used it to buy our washer/dryer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"