June 2012 Moms

At home IV?

Morning!

If this has already been covered, I apologize. I've been extremely nauseous and sick for the past week (have lost 9 lbs in 7 days). Zofran didn't do the trick and had some nasty side effects from Phenergan. The doctor is having me come in at 1 to discuss at home IV therapy. Has anyone on here been through this? Any insight? Did it work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: At home IV?

• Wish I could tell you. I've never even heard of it. I just wanted to post because I saw so many looks but no responses. Let us know what you decide and what it is exactly. I'd like to know just for curiosities sake. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I personally haven't done this but know several people that have. I also have a friend who is an RN and has to do home IV's for her son because of stomach issues he has. They really do help because the IV is forcing fluids into your body help keeping you hydrated. Part of feeling so lousy when you can't eat or drink is the effect of dehydration. It is also very important for your baby for you to stay hydrated. I think it is great your doctor is giving you the option of home IV's. Some doctors would just admit you into the hospital to get hydrated. They should set up a home health nurse to come in and set it all up for you. Then they will show you and your SO how to change the bags and keep up with it. I hope this helped you out a little bit and I hope you feel better soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses. PP, you're right on. Tonight the an in-home nurse is coming to insert an iv, I'll be changing the bags of fluids and will be taking zofran this way (the doc. said it's more effective then the pill form)....so I am hoping this helps!! Definitely better than being stuck in the hospital!
  • Good I hope you are feeling much better by tomorrow morning! Party!!! I have been so thankful to never really have MS.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Its super easy to change the bags. Just makes sure there is no air in the line. And watch your iv site. If its red, itchy, hurts etc. call don't run the fluids and call the doc/nurse back. 

Good luck. I hope it works! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"