Single Parents
Options

Tell me about your morning routine?

It's my second week back at work and I'm still trying to get us into a morning routine. So far I get most our things ready at night (her clothes picked/diaper bag packed/my clothes picked and lunch packed.) I try to shower at night too but sometimes I'm too tired (& I much prefer morning showers anyway.) my mom handles drop offs since the sitter is on her way to work. So I'm never rushing around in the am.

I guess my main concern is with DD. she doesn't sleep through the night yet so she still wakes up at unpredictable times in the morning. If she wakes for a bottle around 4ish, I feed her and put her to sleep & and then I'll go back to sleep or get myself dressed before she wakes up again. usually she'll wake up again around 7 and I feed her, get her dressed before I have to leave the house.

But a couple of mornings she wakes up at 5 something & doesn't look drowsy after the bottle so I take advantage & get her dressed then and then I get myself ready. Usually if she wakes up at 5 something she'll start to get sleepy before its time to leave the house and will fall back to sleep or fall asleep on the way to or as soon as she gets to the sitters. 

I guess I'm just afraid that I'm screwing up her sleeping habits by getting her dressed so early on those 5am wake up days. Should I try to get her to go back to sleep and then get her dressed at 7 (even if shes not awake)so things stay consistent? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Tell me about your morning routine?

• Options
    That's the dilemma is waking them up.  I always try to get completely ready before DS wakes up (although he's older so if he wakes up before then I usually have him watch a cartoon and drink a sippy cup of milk on the couch). Do as much as you can before bed.  I only wash my hair every third day and use dry shampoo in between washes so this cuts down on the time it takes me to get ready in the morning.  Lay out clothes and pack both lunches the night before helps too.  DS' daycare provider has me bring him a sack of clothes on Monday for the whole week and I stock her with a package of diapers whenever necessary.  She also just has me bring one thing/week for food (like I usually bring bananas on Mondays).  Hope this helps a little.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebeccaga16:

Your LO is still so young that getting her dressed should barely phase her routine. She will sleep just as well in her clothing as she will in her jammies. So if she gets sleepy she can just pass out. I would not worry so much about the "routine" until she is closer to sleeping in a more consistant fashion. DD didn't have a solid sleep schedule till closer to 6 months, even though our days/nights were always the same.

thanks that helps a lot. just want to make sure i'm not screwing her up! lol.

Also achase that's a good suggestion about the pampers and clothes at the sitters. I'll have to talk to my provider and see if i could send certain things that can stay there and i just replenish them on a weekly basis. that'd ease my mind a bit when packing her diaper bag.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetifanico:

For such a small child, is there much of a difference between regular clothes and pajamas? Its been a while but DD lived in sleepers for the first months of her life. I wouldn't even bother getting her dressed before leaving.

I would just pack an extra outfit and have the sitter do it for you.  

I got so many clothes at my baby showers that i'm trying to use them all. so she wears regular clothes everyday unless we're having a lazy day at home, then she'll just have on a sleeper. (i know, i'm making life so much more difficult for myself lol). My sitter said she didn't mind getting her dressed for me if i'm ever running late, but i already pay her significantly less than her usual fee so i try not to add extra work for her (i have a hard time accepting help/i don't want to feel like i'm taking advantage of people).

So far it seems like our "routine" is working out. i've only had a day or two where I was running around like a madwoman and that's only because i failed to prepare the night before.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"