North Carolina Babies
Options

Frustrated with naps

C will go to bed every night around 7pm with no problem.  I change her, put her in pj's and a sleep sack, nurse her, read a book, lay her down in her crib and leave.  Even if she's awake, she will happily lay there until she falls asleep whether it's in 5 minutes or an hour.  Naps however - she freaks out.  I do the same thing, change her, put her in a sleep sack, rock and nurse, read a book, lay her down (and 9 times out of 10 she is falling asleep while eating, so I know she is tired), and she will scream.  I have no clue why.  If I pick her back up and nurse her, she immediately falls asleep.  I have been so frustrated that lately I just let her sleep on me or in the car, but I really need to get her in a good nap routine so I can get things done and have some one on one time with Owen.  Any tips or advice?  I was thinking of getting blackout curtains for her room, but other than that I am clueless.  

Re: Frustrated with naps

• Options
    My first thought was whether her room was dark enough.  The girls had a hard time during naps if it was too bright.  Do you use white noise?  If not, could the daytime noises be too loud for her to fall asleep?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We still struggle with "real naps" because Cam is super fussy. I finally gave up on the idea of a nap scheudle because we are on the go so much with Jocelyn's schedule. I just take naps where I can get them, and usually that is in the car seat coming/going to places or the swing. He will usually get one real nap in his crib, but he will wake up screaming and I will have to rock him and feed him back to sleep. I am not sure what the issue can be.  I think I have just had to let it go and be happy with where he will sleep. Have you tried the swing? It sucks but I am just dealing with it! He's still taking like 5 little naps a day, it is crazy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dylan was notorious for his 30 minute naps.  It was horrible.  I eventually had to do CIO at about 4-6 months and it took some time but he is finally napping consistently twice a day for an hour and a half each nap.  I've heard good things about the book happiest baby on the block.  Have you tried a RockNPlay?  Dylan didn't like to be flat on his back and the RNP finally gave us some quality naps and night time sleeping before he went to the crib.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In addition to trying a swing (Natalie would only nap in a swing), try a bouncer (my Claire would only nap in a bouncer -- she had to be different!).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"