Military Families
Options

Popping over with a question

My husband is a reservist so I haven't been on this board before because I'm pretty sure it's for the active duty families. But, we're having a bit of a problem with Tricare and I wondered if you all had any advice.

The trouble started with Tricare putting in the wrong credit card number for automatic debit. (We have Tricare Select so we have to pay for it though its still a wonderful deal for great insurance). Now every month they put the number in wrong it gets denied (because the one they're using doesn't exist). It happened four months in a row so they dis-enrolled us.   

We've called the credit card company and they are sending us a letter for Tricare stating they haven't denied or even received anything from Tricare. We plan on fighting the dis-enrollment since it was their fault.

But, it gets better...

My mother called me today because she received a letter from Tricare for me. (Background: My mother is a Gulf War Vet and my stepfather is active duty Army serving in Korea currently). Apparently, because I used to be a dependent for my stepfather and my stepfather's address updated to Tennessee, they seem to think that this is my new address. Nevermind the fact that my dependency is under my husband's social.

So, I'm really at a loss as to how to get our Tricare back. We've been passed around for three weeks now. No matter who we call they give us another number to call. I'm almost 8 months pregnant and I need insurance. Any advice? 

Licensed Massage Therapist and First Time Mom

Re: Popping over with a question

• Options
    I can't answer your questions about tricare because I don't know, but I can for the dependent issue.  A few months ago, my brother (still a dependent of my step dad) had to renew is ID.  While they were doing this, the ID card person noticed I was still under my dad's name.  My hubby and I have been married for over a year.  No problems have occurred because of it.  The DEERS person told me I was supposed to automatically be taken off my stepdad's name.  All I had to do was go into DEERS, give them my dad's social security number, and they took me off his name.  It took a whole 5 minutes at the most.
    Married since 3/20/2010 Expecting Baby #1 on 6/9/2012
  • Options
    Do you have a Tricare office near you? I always get different answers when I call so I have learned to go in person. 
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately, they just got rid of the Tricare person at the Family Readiness Center at the Reserve Center. We went in and they gave us a number for a person to call. We haven't been able to get him to pick up his phone or answer emails. 
  • Options

imagetkmiraglia:
    Unfortunately, they just got rid of the Tricare person at the Family Readiness Center at the Reserve Center. We went in and they gave us a number for a person to call. We haven't been able to get him to pick up his phone or answer emails. 

ETA - YGPM

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    Where are you located?  You need to contact your Managed Care Support Contractor for your Region directly, not go through the TSC. 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in Pittsburgh. I'll look into that. Thanks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"