High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pregnany Following an IUGR baby

Hi everyone!

I just had my IUGR baby 2 1/2 weeks ago so I'm definitely not ready for another pregnancy, but I can't help wondering about future pregnancies so I have a couple of questions. 

If you had an IUGR baby, were your future pregnancies handled differently than a normal one?

If your dr did handle your pregnancy differently, what did they do?  Just extra monitoring, appointments or sonograms?

My dr was able to find the cause of my IUGR right away (part of the placenta was dying) so I don't know if that will play a part into how my future pregnancies will be handled.  

I am definitely going to be discussing this with my OB at my check up, but in the mean time I would love to hear about your pregnancy following an IUGR one.

Thanks!

Re: Pregnany Following an IUGR baby

• Options
    Out of my 3 pregnancies one was SGA and the other 2 were IUGR along with low fluid. So with DS3 I had AFI u/s weekly and growth u/s every 3 weeks once I hit 20 weeks. With both DS2 and DS3 they never figured out why I had low fluid and they were most likely IUGR due to the low fluid. With DS3 I had a scheduled csection at 34 weeks once he failed his BPP. I was also put on BR at 20 weeks with DS2 as opposed to 32 weeks when I was put on BR with DS2.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options

So far it's actually the same as last pregnancy because they didn't find the IUGR till I was like 32 wks.  At that point I had weekly a/scans with the MFM and kept the normal 2 wk appt with OB until 36 and then both were weekly until I delivered at 38 wks.  

So far the baby is actually measuring ahead so my next appt with the MFM isn't till i'm 28 wks and I guess we will just go from there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After having an IUGR pregnancy last time, I was nervous about getting pregnant again (also battled PTL). So far, DD#2 has been measuring behind (just like with DD#1). At my last appointment, I was told that I would have a growth u/s earlier than normal (at 28 weeks vs 32 weeks). There was no reason found last time for IUGR (DD#1 had a twin that passed at 8 weeks - thought it may have been from that, but it wasn't). Other than that, I've been treated pretty normal in that respect. My next Dr appt is on Thursday, and I will be verifying when our next growth u/s is, as well as asking about bedrest.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"