Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Xmas card question

Have you thought about yours yet

do you take a pic for it pr use one from sometime during the year?

would you use a photo where one child was a. not looking a the camera or covering her mouth etc?

what do you think about this one?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Xmas card question

• Options
    I think it's a super cute picture.  Last year we put together 3 pictures from throughout the year, but tried to stay pretty recent.  I can't remember if we did Walgreens or Shutterfly, but they all have templates which can be 1 more more pics.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's a cute picture, but not card worthy IMO.

I always take my own pictures and get portrait studio pics. Then I use the best ones (usually a combo). This year, I have two kiddos, so I hope I can get a half decent shot of them together.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love it, they are so adorable. In my opinion, the best pictures are candids like that - professional ones are really nice, but there is a kid smiling, and then there is a kid *smiling* and you can always tell when it's genuine. Those are genuine smiles :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think that picture is fine to use but you still have plenty of time, so why don't you try to get another one without her hand over her mouth?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had family pictures done in April and I used one of them because it turned out super cute but wasn't one of the poses anyone has seen yet.  It was a candid actually - she just took it while we were waiting on her to adjust her camera so it wans't posed and it was perfect.  Plus, our clothes and my accessories are red so it seemed holidayish anyway.  I just ordered ours last week from Vistaprint.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know it's really hard to get 2 kids with good expressions - but I wouldn't use one where she's covering her mouth/face like that.   I have used a pic of DD looking slightly down at an xmas ornament in her hand.  I try to do something holiday or seasonal, even the kids jumping in leaves.  I've also not necessarily done a pic of them together - like a separate pic of each kid and a family pic in the middle.  Or - something like a pic from a vacation, as long as it was somewhat recent.  Before we had kids we always did our "coolest vacation pic' of the year for our cards.
  • Options

Yep, we took our professional family photo already.  We don't do this every year though.

Last year, we actually used a picture that we took on our own during the year.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    I use whatever makes my kids look cute.  I usually put a bunch of pics on there anyway.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"