Georgia Babies
Options

Books for soon-to-be big sister

What are some books that you have loved to prep your oldest for the newest addition to the family?  Adelaide isn't 2 yet, but I need some book ideas.

TIA,
Laura

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Books for soon-to-be big sister

• Options
    Good question. I will be watching this for suggestions too.  :)
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageseansgirl2006:
    Good question. I will be watching this for suggestions too.  :)

yea me too

Happy Wife and Mommy to an 9 year old girl and baby boy born April 2012. In Atlanta; Join us for a playdate, check the calendar at www.AtlantaAreaMommies.com.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My VERY favorite book, and the only one that I think may have gotten through to Emma on some level, was "My New Baby" by Rachel Fuller.  https://www.amazon.com/My-New-Baby-Rachel-Fuller/dp/1846432766

It depicts the mom nursing (the only time I've seen it in a book) and talks about what the baby will do (nurse a lot, cry, have diaper changes, etc.)  There aren't many words, but we mostly looked at the pictures and discussed what baby Abby would be like.  It really helped.  We had a few others, but none stood out to me.  One was all about her not being the baby anymore and I HATED it!  It was really depressing!  There are a few others by the same author.  They were all good! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

THere is a simple book called I'm a Big Sister (also has the I'm a Big Brother version). It's by Joanna Cole.

It talks about a new baby being here, what the big sibling can do that the baby can't, what it means when a baby cries, etc. It's pretty simple. We used to read it to our son a lot before his sister arrived. They are 2 yrs and 15 days apart and he understand the book pretty good.

If you plan to nurse, there is also a book that we borrowed that was good for explaining that but I don't remember the name of it. It was a little more complex and explained nursing well. It m ay have been this https://www.amazon.com/We-Have-Baby-Cathryn-Falwell/dp/0395739705/ref=cm_lmf_tit_3

• Options
    imagemlhhomier:

THere is a simple book called I'm a Big Sister (also has the I'm a Big Brother version). It's by Joanna Cole.

It talks about a new baby being here, what the big sibling can do that the baby can't, what it means when a baby cries, etc. It's pretty simple. We used to read it to our son a lot before his sister arrived. They are 2 yrs and 15 days apart and he understand the book pretty good.

We got this one too and it was good.  H's favorite book though was a Little Critter book about getting a new baby sister. She loved it, still does, and goes around quoting it all the time. There was also a Dora book about babies that she really liked too. She seemed to relate and understand better when it was something she was already familiar with like Dora or Little Critter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"