Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Play groups and other recs

Hey ladies! We just moved to Cumberland County this summer and are looking for any good baby related recommendations. Big Smile TYIA!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: Play groups and other recs

• Options
    Where in Cumberland County are you? If you're on the west shore, there's the West Shore Mom's Club (momsclubofwestshore.org). Our open house is coming up - info on the site. If Carlisle or south, there are separate chapters - you can get information from momsclub.org.

For other things to do, My Gym is on the Carlisle Pike near the 581 exit and Monkey Joe's is near the Capital City Mall. Visitcumberlandvalley.com also has some family friendly recs. I also recommend signing up for the macaroni kids newsletter (there are also different versions depending on where you live) and signing up for Central Penn Parent. They both have Facebook pages and post things and have email newsletters. central Penn Parent also has a print publication you can find at many locations around town (which they have on their website I believe).
  • Options

imagelindyanne:
    Where in Cumberland County are you? If you're on the west shore, there's the West Shore Mom's Club (momsclubofwestshore.org). Our open house is coming up - info on the site. If Carlisle or south, there are separate chapters - you can get information from momsclub.org.

For other things to do, My Gym is on the Carlisle Pike near the 581 exit and Monkey Joe's is near the Capital City Mall. Visitcumberlandvalley.com also has some family friendly recs. I also recommend signing up for the macaroni kids newsletter (there are also different versions depending on where you live) and signing up for Central Penn Parent. They both have Facebook pages and post things and have email newsletters. central Penn Parent also has a print publication you can find at many locations around town (which they have on their website I believe).

Wow, thanks for the info! We're in Shippensburg, so aaaalmost Franklin County. Big Smile

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You are close to me, we just moved to Orrstown area a month ago and I transitioned into a SAHM role!  Quite the adjustment from working full time.  I found that the Shippensburg Library has some good activities, storytime and playgroup.  We haven't attended yet but we definitely plan on it.  If you're interested in meeting up for a kiddo playdate message me, my daughter is almost 9 months old!

• Options
    imagealiciamccool:

You are close to me, we just moved to Orrstown area a month ago and I transitioned into a SAHM role!  Quite the adjustment from working full time.  I found that the Shippensburg Library has some good activities, storytime and playgroup.  We haven't attended yet but we definitely plan on it.  If you're interested in meeting up for a kiddo playdate message me, my daughter is almost 9 months old!

I haven't checked into the Ship library yet - thank you! If you go, let me know how it is!

• Options

Well we finally made it to the Ship library for playgroup last Wed.  It was a pain in the a$$ to get registered but it was worth it.  LO had a great time, she was the youngest but just enjoyed watching everyone.  They sing at the end and she thought that was the best.  I would definitely recommend it but if you register don't call, just stop in and sign up.  I left two messages over 2 weeks and finally sent an email, then finally I got a call 15 min after sending the email.

Next week is the last day for playgroup (only 3 wks, we missed 1st due to DR appt) until January but storytime group starts the beginning of December so we'll probably do that too.  It's good to get out of the house!!

• Options
    imagealiciamccool:

Well we finally made it to the Ship library for playgroup last Wed.  It was a pain in the a$$ to get registered but it was worth it.  LO had a great time, she was the youngest but just enjoyed watching everyone.  They sing at the end and she thought that was the best.  I would definitely recommend it but if you register don't call, just stop in and sign up.  I left two messages over 2 weeks and finally sent an email, then finally I got a call 15 min after sending the email.

Next week is the last day for playgroup (only 3 wks, we missed 1st due to DR appt) until January but storytime group starts the beginning of December so we'll probably do that too.  It's good to get out of the house!!

That sounds wonderful (the getting out of the house part). I'll definitely have to check that out! I have a ton of time off in December/January so this will be good to keep us busy. Maybe I'll see ya there!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"