New to The Bump

Feeling lost... not quite sure where I belong.

So, my doc recommended that I reach out and find a community of people that I can relate to. We've been ttc for 6 months (I know... piece of cake compared to others) and we're just about to start official testing along with Clomid (which I'm unsure if I am ready for.)

It's been 6 months, I've had 2 periods, and I haven't ovulated once.

I should probably explain, I have Endomitriosis and PCOS, both diagnosed via laparoscopy in 2007. I'm religious about charting my BBT, and am convinced that I have a love/hate relationship with my thermometer. This next cycle (whenever this one FINALLY ends) I'm starting to use the Saliva Microscope in conjunction with charting BBT and using OPK's.... and considering trying the SMEP as well. (Can never have enough check points in place, right?) ;)

So, the question is, I'm not sure where to go or how to start. I've been a board "stalker" for awhile, but never chimed in or introduced myself. I was hoping to be that person (we all know one) that would be all like "Oh, they told me I would have trouble conceiving, and I got pregnant on our first try!" But here I am, trying to come around to the thought that I may not be able to do this on my own....

Re: Feeling lost... not quite sure where I belong.

• Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear you're having such trouble.

Are you seeing an ob/gyn or an RE? I would strongly recommend an RE at this stage in your game.

I'd lurk the TTGP and TTTC boards and see if they are something you'd be interested in. Even the IF board is a place I'd at least check out to see if there are some people who are in a similar position and can talk protocols with you. I haven't been on there in a while, but that was a great place to discuss the more technical aspects of TTC, especially if medical intervention is required.

And if you like a little snark or not talking about TTC 24/7, you're more than welcome to come check out Snarky and TTTC.

GL and I hope you find a "home" soon :)

• Welcome! I would go check out the Infertility board or Trouble TTC. I think you'll find lots of great support in both spots. Good luck!

And I was hoping to be the lucky chick who got knocked up right away too. I hope this journey gets easier for you!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for the kind words and the direction I needed! :) I'm seeing the OBGYN and she's referring me to a RE from there. I really appreciate the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"