Military Families

Another Ft. Riley question

Just a quick one. Has anyone lived/living or know anything about Forrest Creek townhomes or Patriot Pointe? Im looking for somewhere to live because we got an e-mail this morning saying that the chances of us getting a house on post is slim because of the construction they are doing. Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another Ft. Riley question

• I haven't lived at either but if memory serves me I've visited a friend who lived at Patriot Point. It was nice. Have you looked on www.ahrn.com to check the listings they have?

A side note we were told that it'd be 6 months to a year before a house opened. We got offered a house within 2 months(turned it down) and by 3 months we moved on post.  Get on the waiting list and keep calling. I even stopped by the housing office to check on our status.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I thought that too. But I guess they are in the process of getting rid of a bunch of 2 bedroom apartments and building new 3-4 bedroom homes. But all those people in the appartments have to go somewhere. Im going to call them on tuesday to see what the deal is. I just wanted to have some options incase we cant get anything. They told us the wait would be 9 months in Aug, and we are stuck at around 340 on the waitlist.

And ive been checking ahrn, and there aren't many in our price range with enough space.

• Loading the player...
  • They are getting rid of a couple neighborhoods and rebuilding those.  Also, remodeling some in others.  The new ones are Forsythe.   I understand the price range issue. Rent/housing here is a huge issue, hence the new housing.  I hope you find something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH lived in Patriot Pointe before we got married.  He wasn't a huge fan of the place.  No clue about Forrest Creek.  We lived in River Trails in Ogden, which was really nice.  I am nota big fan of Junction City and liked Ogden since it was half way between JC and Manhattan and right outside of post.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesmwiggle:
    My DH lived in Patriot Pointe before we got married.  He wasn't a huge fan of the place.  No clue about Forrest Creek.  We lived in River Trails in Ogden, which was really nice.  I am nota big fan of Junction City and liked Ogden since it was half way between JC and Manhattan and right outside of post.

Thank you so much for telling me about river trails. Im on the waiting list now, im really hoping something opens up. I hate not knowing if we are going to have a place to live in Jan.

• Thanks. I think I finally found one. Its called Stagg Duplexes. Its in Manhattan but its the only one I have found when anything open at all. Its crazy! Im on like 3 different waitlists for off post housing. I know its a little less then 2 months away but still that just seems crazy to me. Having a dog also hurts us, because a lot of the places dont take dogs. But she is part of the family and not going anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"