Pre-School and Daycare
Options

tmi- bumps on 3 yr old anus?

Sorry ya'll.  Ds has been complaining his bottom hurts for a week now and sometimes it's red. (Were are trying very hard at PTing for poop, but its such a battle!) anyway, so he rarely makes it to potty so I figured it was just some irritation. Even though he tells us the second he poops, or we catch him in the act.So its not like it could be diaper rash...I dont think?

anyway, he asked for medicine today and when I looked there are a bunch of bumps almost pimple like all around the outside of his anus area.

What could this be? 

He's been constipated and refuses to use the potty and now I wonder if it hurts and he's scared. ugh....

boys are So stubborn!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: tmi- bumps on 3 yr old anus?

• Options
    Could it be hemorrhoids?  I'd take him to the dr, and lay off the potty training until it's cleared up.  If it hurts or is stressful, it could end up prolonging the process.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Could it be pinworms?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Without seeing it (and I don't need a PIP Wink), it kind of sounds like what I've seen on both of my kids while PTing, especially poop training.  They get to the point where they can stop the train, but it's tough to get it all coordinated to get the train to leave the station on command once they've stopped it. 

When they're doing that (over and over and over and over and over) and still haven't pooped, it seems like they're still needing to be wiped with a baby wipe every once in awhile even though the wipe appears clean and there isn't any visible evidence on them either.  If I don't get them cleaned frequently enough, they get a little rashy right there. It took me a little while to figure it out when I was PTing DS b/c it just didn't seem like they had done anything, but I try to make sure that I wipe the area a couple of times a day when they're struggling to keep them a little less irritated.  Seems to help.

Does that make any sense?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"