Detroit Babies

New to the boards / Ferndale Gal

Hi ladies,

I am new to the boards, I need mommy interaction and figured what's better than some local ladies!  I am Amanda, a mommy to Katelyn 10, Nolan 17 months, and my "step son" Ethan 11 who lives with us full time.   I work full time outside of the home and also work as a Independent Consultant for a smell good direct sales business.  I am hoping soon I can be a stay at home Mommy as we all miss out on a lot with both parents workin full time outside of the home.  I grew up in Ferndale and my fiance Matthew grew up in Brighton.  We bought our house in Ferndale a few years ago and Matthew is still learning the area.  :)  We enjoy being outside as much as possible as a family between going up to Clair to the cabin or walking around the neighborhood.  I LOVE photography, and editing, lately I have been doing it more and offering it up for friends.  I am doing a friends wedding in April (I am scared!!!)  but it has been a passion for many years.  :)

If anyone knows of any play groups that meet on the weekends PLEASE let me know.  :)

Re: New to the boards / Ferndale Gal

• hi welcome to the board!

i also grew up in ferndale. my parents live there still but i live in southfield now.

not sure of any play groups near by sorry  but maybe the ymca in royal oak would be helpful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, I never would have even thought of checking into the YMCA. 

Congrats on Baby!  As well as your upcoming wedding!   Do you know what you are having?

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you! baby was a surprise and popped up in the middle of wedding planning. We are having a little girl: Madelynn Grace. We are going today for a 4D ultrasound- SUPER excited for that!!

Did you go to Ferndale HS/what year did you graduate? 

There's also the Ferndale community center... i'm just tossing that out there because i don't know for sure if they do anything like that or not. and maybe the boys and girls club in royal oak? 

Sometimes the girls on the boards get together. i know a couple months back they all got together at the zoo.

• Welcome to the board!  I live in Madison Heights - maybe we can meet up at a park for a playdate for our sons.  My son is 20 months old (and another son that is 5 months old).

• I'm a bit tardy to the party on this posting, but I wanted to mention that I just met a few online moms IRL.  We met last Sunday at a park in R.O., and I think we're going to try to do that occasionally.  If you get this, let me know if you're interested.  I live in Ferndale too.  Smile

• Welcome =)  Sounds like we have alot in common =)

I am a full time stay at home mommy by day and run my own business as a photographer on evenings and weekends. ( my Studio space is actually in Ferndale)lol 

I have been following my dream and passion for photography and could not be happier- good luck on your journey!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"