Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

You're going to see me on the news tonight

H watches Eloise in the afternoons while I work. Today he took her to run errands. He calls me to tell me he's on his way home. I asked how the baby was doing and he said fine. "She took a nap in the car while I returned the keys to our landlord". 

EXCUSE ME?

My genius of a husband left our sleeping daughter in the car while he went into a reality office on a main road. 

AND he thinks I'm over reacting and being a paranoid Mom because I said that was irresponsible and dangerous. He is now mad at me because I don't trust his parenting decisions. 

I'm going to be on the news tonight. Because H is dead. D.E.A.D. 

ETA: I hope this going without saying, but I'm not actually going to kill my husband. I am going to figuratively kill him because he is a moron.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: You're going to see me on the news tonight

• Options
    Indifferent It amazes me how oblivious some people can be. Having said that, mine would agree with yours. Which is why he does not take her out without me yet.
  • Options
    H and I have agreed, if I don't know about it, it can't bother me.  He does stuff with DS#1 and LO that I would NEVER do ...i.e. leave them in car to run into a store quickly.  ...not strap LO into his stroller ...course now LO is a climber and H will have no choice.  As long as I don't know about it, H will continue to live.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am also a paranoid mom and would never THINK of doing that. I can't even return a video at the video store without taking DS's in, and the door is RIGHT THERE!! 

That said, I can totally see my DH doing this and thinking that it is alright.

ETA: Oh and thank goodness your baby is alright!!!

• Options
    Omg I would flip. Thank god she is ok. Hopefully a valuable lesson comes out of it. I would google similar stories that didn't end as well, print them out for him and see if he still thinks you're "overreacting".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't even leave DD in the car in the garage to run into the house if I forgot my sunglasses. Mom's are paranoid for a reason. It's how our LOs stay alive.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• Options

Ugh, he came home, threw the baby at me and started screaming. He said he's sick of me judging him. He's her father and he can make his own decisions.

Oy vey. This is not going to end well. 

ETA: Oh and he screamed at me not only in front of the baby, but also the roofers and 2 cable repair guys. Bad move H, bad move.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think I'll join you on the news because I will help you hide the body!
  • Options

I don' know where you live, but in Maryland it's illegal to leave a child unattended in a car when the car is out of your sight.  So returning a shopping cart?  Fine.  Going into the grocery store?  Illegal.

ETA: Maybe if you show him something in print he won't think you're being overprotective.  That's just ridiculous. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJenHof:

I have a pond. That's all I'm saying.

• Options
    imageOctGirl80:

imageJenHof:

I have a pond. That's all I'm saying.

That'll work :)

• Options
    I agree with the pp. I'm pretty sure doing that is illegal here in NYC as well. Even if it wasn't, I hope DH is smart enough to know to NEVER do that. But, I'll be sure to remind him once he wakes up (he works the midnight shift). Well, he's never taken DD anywhere by himself (maybe once...I can't remember). Probably because I am a parnoid mother.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageOctGirl80:
    Indifferent It amazes me how oblivious some people can be. Having said that, mine would agree with yours. Which is why he does not take her out without me yet.

This.

• Options
    I find in these scenarios remaining calm and letting him cool off ends up with the H coming in later hanging his head in apology.  Usually people get the most angry when they know they probably effed up a little and they get defensive.  But yeah, yelling at you in front of others and the kid is not helping his case in the matter.  I bet $1 he apologizes by the end of the night.  :)
  • Options

Well he didn't apologize, but he's acting like it never happened.

"What's wrong, babe? You in a bad mood?"

Yes, in fact I am. I'm married to a big dumb man.

Why couldn't I just be a lesbian? 

• Options
    Wow, I can't believe he did that.  My DH would never do that.  He wouldn't step 10 feet away from our car with our son inside it.  Isn't what he did illegal, or is that only in the summer when they can get killed from the heat?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMomlovesEloise:

LOL!  I often think my life would have been much easier had I married a woman.  Any takers?  I can't cook worth a darn but I'm super clean and like to cuddle! ;) 

• Options
    imagePeonyPumps:
    imageMomlovesEloise:

LOL!  I often think my life would have been much easier had I married a woman.  Any takers?  I can't cook worth a darn but I'm super clean and like to cuddle! ;) 

I'll cook as long as you have the babies.

• Options
    imageOctGirl80:
    imagePeonyPumps:
    imageMomlovesEloise:

I'll cook as long as you have the babies.

Done! :) 

• Options
    I have had to remind my H as well when he goes to get the dry cleaning because I can see it being super tempting to leave her in the car. I do my best to avoid the situation all together and have him find a way to get it after she has been dropped off or on his way home before getting her, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I am furious for you! Leaving a child in the car is illegal here and people will not hesitate to call CPS on you if they see you do it. Your H needs some sense smacked into him and to apologize for screaming at you when he is clearly, definitely, without a doubt in the WRONG.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"