New Hampshire Babies

Nashua or Manchester

Hi,

I'm new to Nashua and TTC.  I've been trying to decide if I should use an OB/Hospital in Manchester where I work and currently have a doctor or find one in Nashua where I now live.  For those of you who have gone through this, does a little extra distance to your doctor/hospital matter much? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Nashua or Manchester

• I think it will be a lot easier to get to appointments during the day if your OB is in the town you work in.    It's only about 20-30 minutes from Nashua to Manchester so no big worries about when you're in labor.    One thing to think about - if you plan to be a SAHM and have another child, will you still want to travel to Manchester or would you rather have someone in your hometown?   I realize that's a long ways off at this point but if you plan to stay in Nashua long term it's something to think about.
  • If you like your OB in Manchester it wouldn't be a big deal to stay there but if you don't, look around. There are pros and cons to each scenario.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • I go to a group - OB/Gyn Associates of Southern NH - delivered at St. Joe's. I cannot say enough good things about them! They have 6 or so Dr's there, so getting appointments is very easy & they are located in Merrimack, so it might be a good midway point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it matters, whichever one you prefer more and would be easier to get to for your appointments. With DD1 I lived in Dover until third tri, then moved to Derry, but kept my OB and hospital in Dover. So, we had quite the hike to the hospital. (I also work close to Boston, so it was pretty far from there too). I really liked the OB and hospital, so it was worth it. This time, sadly, I can't go to that hospital, so we're sticking around in Manchester.

• When I was pregnant, I worked in Bedford and my OB was in Manchester however we live in Concord.  It was a pain when we had false labor and sent home but it was nice for the day appointments and then I didn't miss as much work time.
    Books to read in 2015: 9/60
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"