Tennessee Babies

Possibly moving to Nashville?

Hi Ladies,

MH and I might be moving to the Nashville area. If he gets a new job, it would be in Nashville itself. We are looking at the Franklin or Brentwood area. But I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good area to live that has good schools (can be other areas then the above mentioned). We are ttc (no children yet) but I am also a teacher. So I'm looking for a good school zone for future children and a good school district for future employment (hopefully in the same place).  TIA

Re: Possibly moving to Nashville?

• Williamson county has the best school system which is mostly Franklin area.  I'm pretty sure most of Brentwood is Davidson County which is closer to Nashville.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you looking to buy right away or rent?  We just relocated here and we're living (renting) in Bellevue, right now until we purchase another home.  We were thinking of moving to Williamson County right off the bat, but we decided Bellevue would have been best for us.  Like you we don't have any children and everythign we found in Brentwood and Franklin was pretty pricey for us right now (including rents).  Plus it's allowing us to really get to know the area and figure out where we want to live.  The only thing we've heard is Williamson County has the best school, but we haven't heard of any other counties that have a good school system either.  Good luck with your move!

• Loading the player...
  • imagejamidandedb:
    Are you looking to buy right away or rent?  We just relocated here and we're living (renting) in Bellevue, right now until we purchase another home.  We were thinking of moving to Williamson County right off the bat, but we decided Bellevue would have been best for us.  Like you we don't have any children and everythign we found in Brentwood and Franklin was pretty pricey for us right now (including rents).  Plus it's allowing us to really get to know the area and figure out where we want to live.  The only thing we've heard is Williamson County has the best school, but we haven't heard of any other counties that have a good school system either.  Good luck with your move!

We are looking to buy. We own a home currently so the plan will be for MH to move and stay with family while we sell the house and I finish the school year here. Hopefully we can sell the house by the summer and I can move then (and thats when we would buy the next home). I really hate moving, and don't want to move twice in Nashville. Plus, we will have the money from the sale of our current home to put into a down payment for second home.  

• You should check out Rutherford county. The school systems are as good as Williamson county, but the cost of living is lower. The Smyrna & western Lavergne area is growing. 
  • Anyone know about private schools? I would want home to be in a good (public) school district but would also want to be near good private school. I work in a private school now and wish to find employment in another private school
  • imagejamidandedb:
    Are you looking to buy right away or rent?  We just relocated here and we're living (renting) in Bellevue, right now until we purchase another home.  We were thinking of moving to Williamson County right off the bat, but we decided Bellevue would have been best for us.  Like you we don't have any children and everythign we found in Brentwood and Franklin was pretty pricey for us right now (including rents).  Plus it's allowing us to really get to know the area and figure out where we want to live.  The only thing we've heard is Williamson County has the best school, but we haven't heard of any other counties that have a good school system either.  Good luck with your move!

Bellvue is wonderful! 

• imagepulga131:

Hi Ladies,

MH and I might be moving to the Nashville area. If he gets a new job, it would be in Nashville itself. We are looking at the Franklin or Brentwood area. But I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good area to live that has good schools (can be other areas then the above mentioned). We are ttc (no children yet) but I am also a teacher. So I'm looking for a good school zone for future children and a good school district for future employment (hopefully in the same place).  TIA

Personally, I think Franklin/Brentwood, most of Williamson county itself is over-rated.  My parents live there and the cost of living is just ridiculous.  If you talk to any good realtor they will tell you that Cheatham County (Pleasant View/Joelton), Mt Juliet are all growing.  Property costs are much better and the schools are very good.

H and I moved to Pleasant View - me from Franklin, him from Goodlettsville because of the school system, and the housing costs.  We got our house at less than $100/sq foot, and we are on 1.5 acres.

Davidson County public schools, I only hear bad things ...this is from teachers that teach in Davidson County.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • We're looking to buy a home in the Nashville area too. We've heard good things about Brentwood/Franklin but the commute to Nashville during rush hour might drive MH insane. Our ideal location if we can afford it is Green Hills; the elementary schools are solid (Percy Priest, Julia Green) and I have my eye on private (namely the University School of Nashville) as DD gets older (if we're even still in TN -- I'm already ansty to get back to NY.)
  • I relocated from Los Angeles to Franklin, TN about 4 years ago and absolutely loved it!  My DH and I just bought our first home together-he works in Franklin and I work close to the airport.  For us Brentwood was a great in between for commuting.  Admittedly it's pricier but we kinda got under the gun on time and nothing on the market in Franklin at the time got us excited.  While we are loving our new place we already miss the convenience of Franklin and the Cool Springs area plus we REALLY like the historic look and feel of downtown Franklin.  Schoolwise there are a few small portions of Brentwood that fall into Davidson County.  They are still very nice areas (and certainly more affordable) but if you are in the Davidson County side then you go to Davidson County Schools-if you are in Williamson County then you go to Williamson County schools and yes Williamson County are some of the best so you'll want to check that out if you look at Brentwood.  Someone mentioned Green Hills which is also really nice but for us the traffic congestion is always a headache.  Commuting thru the city can really be a pain on a regular basis (when I was living in Franklin and working out by the airport I really hated the drive) so i would consider that when looking around.  I have heard really great things about a lot of the other areas people have mentioned.  It just wouldn't make sense for us to have even looked there considering where we both work.
  • Williamson for public schools. A lot of the Davidson elementary schos are great but you likely have to do private from the beginning to get into the private high schools. There are great magnet schools but it's taking a chance you won't get in. We moved from near vandy to brentwood in williamson because of this. I'm originally a new Yorker. And the cost of living here is fantastic! People are great too! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"