Postpartum Depression
Options

Hi Ladies

Work has been really busy so I haven't been able to bump as much.  Of course, I can't bump when I really need to :( 

Things have been rough. I started weaning off my hormones 3 weeks ago and the last 4 days I have been completely off of them. My anxiety is thru the roof! I have never felt so uptight and anxious in my life.  DD's sleep schedule is seriously what sets me off.  We went away this weekend with DD which should have been fun, but I was a nervous wreck. Of course, over her sleep.  She did well the whole trip up until this morning on our way back. This morning, we planned to put her down for her morning nap and go to breakfast when she woke up and then head back home during her normal pm nap.  Her am nap lasted way longer than I expected (2 hours) she normally only sleeps an hour. She had a complete meltdown on the way to the restaurant for breakfast and then the service at the restaurant was HORRIBLE and it took an hour for us to get our food, by this time I was a mess and ready to cry because it was going to put us past our scheduled departure time.  My inlaws were so upset with me and kept telling me to relax that DD was fine. Long story short, we had to pull over 5 min into our car ride home because DD was overtired and went into meltdown mode, threw up and was inconsolable.  All I could do was cry. She slept the rest of the way home, but she was still tired and had another meltdown and threw up when I was putting her down to bed.  I feel awful when this happens and I blame myself for everything and keep thinking of all the things I could have done to avoid this. 

I'm thinking getting off the hormones was not a good idea.  For those of you with anxiety, what are you taking?  I'm going to talk to the dr. about possibly putting me on something else. I feel like I'm missing out on her again,  I'm so fixated on her sleep that I can't enjoy the wonderful little baby she is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi Ladies

• Options
    I started taking Zoloft. It didn't seem to help me, and it gave me horrible headaches. The doctor switched me to Celexa, and it really seems to work wonders for me. Good luck to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

That's a terrible story.  I'm sorry it happened!  Most of my anxiety is tied up int DD's sleep too.

I started on Zoloft and it did work for me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"