March 2012 Moms

Nursery Furniture--Opinions please!

This weekend we went shopping for baby furniture and I'm stuck between 2 options!  They are both convertible cribs but if/when we have more babies we will just convert it back to a crib~so I want something that would work for boys AND girls.  Initially I was thinking white, but now think that dark wood may have more long-term appeal plus it really makes bedding colors "pop."  Also, I feel it lets me get away with a little more stylized crib but still have it be boyish.  On the Bellini crib, I like the little details, the acorn leaf accents and the spindles in the front.  The Natart crib is very classic and meets extra environmental safety standards.  Take a look and tell me which you prefer!  If anyone has either of these brands, I'd love any type of review/feedback on them as well.  Thanks so much!  
Bellini:  https://www.bellini.com/Mercedes-Convertible-Crib-Antique-White.html
Natart:  https://www.natartjuvenile.com/baby-kids-furniture/avalon-convertible-coca
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Nursery Furniture--Opinions please!

• I like them both, but think the Avalon is a little more generic.  To me the Mercedes looks more for a girl to me.
  • I like the first one more.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the avalon. It looks more gender neutral to me. This first one is a little maw maw looking, but that is just my opinion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like the Avalon crib a lot better.
  • I prefer the avalon WAY more. The first one looks more antiquey and girly.

• imageLPerry48:
    I like them both, but think the Avalon is a little more generic.  To me the Mercedes looks more for a girl to me.

Was going to say the same thing!

• imagelildarling76:

imageLPerry48:
    I like them both, but think the Avalon is a little more generic.  To me the Mercedes looks more for a girl to me.

Was going to say the same thing!

I was thinking the same thing as these ladies.
  • They're both nice, but the second one (Avalon) seems like it would work better for a boy or girl.  I think the first one seemed pretty girly. 
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• imageGoldenGibson:
    I prefer the avalon WAY more. The first one looks more antiquey and girly.

Agree.  Obviously the baby doesn't care what the crib looks like, but the flower detailing on the first one would not make me think it's for a boy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • I like the avalon better b/c it seems more unisex
  • I think the Bellini is very pretty and delicate for a girl.If you are looking for a more unisex friendly I would go with the Natart. Both very nice cribs though.
  • They are both a little too much for me but I like the Natart one better. The Bellini one is way too fancy for my tastes.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"