Ohio Babies
Options

Moving to Columbus area

edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Hi all, I've been active on other knot/nest/bump boards, but I've got some Columbus questions.  DH is 90% certain he's taking a job in Columbus so we need to find an area to live.  I've got a 3 yo and a 7 month old.  We'll have ~$160k to spend on a home and need to be within 30 mins of campus.  If you could pick where would you go.

I have UA and Grandview on my list, but we won't get much house in those areas.  My other thoughts were Westervill or Worthington.

Any input?  Thanks.

Re: Moving to Columbus area

• Options
    We just moved to Reynoldsburg and i go to Columbus State...it takes me about 15 minutes to get there! we bought a home through Dominion Homes you can look them up on the internet. they have tons of communities and are really nice. I would recommend them to anyone. we have been in our house almost a month and absolutely love it and the area we are in! There are several houses for sale in our neighborhood and its very kid friendly. we live in Reynolds Crossing :) Hope this helped some because i know how big of a headache it is finding something!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Worthington!  They have great schools and it's a great community.  I grew up there.  For your budget, you could easily find something (tell your realtor you want to look for city of columbus, worthington schools).

Good luck!

Hilliard is also another option with great schools and a great, growing community.  You have easy access to highways and can get downtown in about 15 minutes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am a fan of the North and NW corner of the city.  Worthington is great, there are several areas where you can get Columbus Taxes but Worthington or Dublin Schools.  There are a lot of parks and bike trails in the areas also, which make it great and plenty of shopping and an easy drive to the campus area.  Westerville and Grandview are great also.  If you are looking for square footage over a yard, Dominon Homes aren't too bad but I think several of there developments homes are too close together.

Good Luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

A new Columbus Nesties board was created. A lot of the women there will be able to help you. 

Hope you're able to join us:

https://s11.zetaboards.com/CBusNesties/index/

• Options

The trick for affordable in the good areas is to have a Columbus address (and therefore the lower city taxes..) but to be in the suburban school districts. $160k can get a very lovely home if you're willing to put in a little research.

Close to campus is easy in this city, anyway..almost nothing is more than 30 minutes away :-D

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Traffic on the east and north side are pretty bad so be aware of that.
  • Options
    Hello and welcome to CBUS!  We also live in Reynoldsburg but in Licking county and the taxes are much cheaper here.  We're 20 minutes from OSU's campus.  There are lots of houses for sale here for great prices.  Good luck house hunting!  BTW - there is a brand new HS and grade school right behind out house.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"