Birth Stories

Question about a Doula??

Hello. I know this is the birthing stories blog, but I thought this might be the best place to ask my question..

I am really nervous about delivering (It's my first baby) because I know there is a good chance that I will not have my OB as the doctor who delivers my baby. I have incredible support from my husband and mom and sister (who will be in the room with me), but I would like someone there who will also help and that knows my pregnancy almost as well as my OB does. I live in Virginia and was wondeing if anyone had any suggestions or past experiences?!?!?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Question about a Doula??

• I haven't delivered yet (obviously) but we're having a doula. As my DH put it, it will be nice to have someone in the room who is more knowledgeable than we are, is only focused on me (not me and a few other patients), and will serve as an advocate if we need her to. It also helps that our hospital has a volunteer doula program, so we don't have to pay for one. Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You might want to ask on the Natural Birth board.  Most of us on there have used doula's.  I loved my doula, I really don't think I could have made it through the birth without her.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"