Washington Babies

Activities and classes for babies in the south end

So I took my 8 month old to The Little Gym today and he had lots of fun. It was nice getting out of the house too. Unfortunately it is a little too expensive (85 dollars for once a week classes??). So I thought I would check here and are if anyone knows of some fun groups or activities around here that are a little less expensive. It could be anywhere from like south Seattle to Federal way. TIA!!

Re: Activities and classes for babies in the south end

• Definitely check out the programs through your city's Parks & Rec dept.  We have Lucy signed up for swimming and music right now, 6 wks of each (1x/wk) and both were less than $50 each. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do gymboree in Federal Way, it is a little less expensive than that and there are 'free' open gym times Mon-Thurs, but it is still kind of spendy.  DS LOVES it.  Auburn parks has a new indoor playground for little ones at les gowe park that I want to check out sometime... I forget what times it is open, and it doesn't cost much.
  • Loading the player...
  • One other thought - Kinderswimmer also has classes in Renton - we were going to classes in maple valley and DS loved it!  Still kinda spendy though..
  • I know that both Burien and Kent community centers have open gym time. The one in Burien is every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. I believe, and is $2 per child, and the one in Kent is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning (not sure what time) and is $2 per child as well. I am sure other cities have it too (Seatac, Renton, etc.)

Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"