Oregon Babies
Options

Portland / SW WA Birth Classes recommendations?

Can anyone provide some recommendations for birth classes, preferably in Vancouver, but PDX metro is ok too, that are held on weekends?

Re: Portland / SW WA Birth Classes recommendations?

• Options
    Do you know what hospital you will be delivering at? I am delivering at Southwest in Vancouver but we skipped out of classes because the one we wanted to take was only every few months and it was weekdays starting at 4pm - ummmm some people work! If we wanted to take them at Legacy Salmon Creek since we wouldn't be delivering there, there is an extra fee you have to pay for the class (on top of the class fee).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    We are taking the Kaiser childbirth series - held on weeknights or during the weekend.  It's available to members & non-Kaiser patients.  I think the fee is $70 and we can't say enough great things about the class.  Very informative, lots of hands-on, tangible info about every part of birth and an extra session about newborn care & breastfeeding.  Prior to this, we had started a hypnobirthing series, but stopped after 2 classes realizing it wasn't for us.  We have been really impressed and happy with the Kaiser childbirthing class.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Agree to look into classes at your hospital.

We took our class at OHSU. It was really good. I highly recommend. I was expecting that they'd just sit us down and tell us how to be good patients, but it was really informative, casual, and oddly fun. They covered everything from natural pain management to all the available interventions. A breastfeeding class is also included, which was really good. We did the weekend class.

We also took some classes through MotherTree. They were "meh." We did the last two of a three-part series of pain management. They were redundant, and honestly, not super informative considering the cost. We actually felt like we learned more in our OHSU class. I did hear that the first class was good, though. So maybe just take that one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"