February 2012 Moms

Re: predictions thread for 2+ moms

In the spirit of the predictions thread....  tell us about your previous birth experience(s)!

Due Date:

Date your DC arrived:

Weight & Length:

Hours of Labor:

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural:

Vaginally/C-Section:

Total weight gain:

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital:

Anything else you want to share?:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Re: predictions thread for 2+ moms

• Due Date: June 24, 2010

Date your DC arrived: June 26, 2010

Weight & Length: 7lbs, 2oz

Hours of Labor: From first hard contraction to delivery it was 11 hours

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: I loved my epidural experience

Vaginally/C-Section: Vaginal

Total weight gain: I think it was around 40 pounds

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Very hot and sunny in Savannah, GA

Anything else you want to share?: Everything went so much smoother than I could've imagined. It was a great experience.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageKRISTA555:

In the spirit of the predictions thread....  tell us about your previous birth experience(s)!

Due Date: Dec 10th

Date your DC arrived: Dec 5th

Weight & Length: 7 lb 11 oz, 20 inches long

Hours of Labor: 9 hours

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: Some pain meds before Epi, and then the amazing Epi!

Vaginally/C-Section:  Vaginally

Total weight gain: 25 lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: It was chilly, overcast

Anything else you want to share?: Only pushed for 15 minutes!  And I should've slept like they recommended while waiting to dilate more.  The whole thing wasn't as bad as I thought, and I'm a big chicken.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Due Date: March 17th, 2009

Date your DC arrived: March 19th 2009

Weight & Length: 8lbs 2oz, 20in

Hours of Labor: 15

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: Completely Natural

Vaginally/C-Section: Vaginally

Total weight gain: 43 lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Sunny

Anything else you want to share?: I might sound crazy but I am actually looking forward to doing it again!

• It's fun to reminisce! 

Due Date: 10/4/2009

Date your DC arrived: 9/30/2009

Weight & Length: 6lbs, 1oz; 19 inches

Hours of Labor: 16

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: epidural

Vaginally/C-Section: vag

Total weight gain: 40 lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: cold and rainy

Anything else you want to share?: the hospital was so overcrowded with births that I was in a triage room for the first night, then again the entire first day of DD life.  We stayed for 3 days because DD was jaundice and my BP wouldn't go down.  They finally gave me BP meds and we got home just in time for the Bears game :)

• Due Date: November 9, 2009

Date your DC arrived: October 30, 2009

Weight & Length: 7lbs, 8oz; 20 inches long

Hours of Labor: 11

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: Epidural

Total weight gain: 80lbs (gasps!)

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: A beautiful fall day, sunny.

Anything else you want to share?: Aside from my insane weight gain (same way this pregnancy) I love being pregnant. More than that, labor and delivery was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I wish I could do it all over again. It was beautiful. (Minus recovery of course, that was tough) :-)

Our angel is in heaven 12/12/08
    BFP 2/25/09
    HCG 3/6=518 3/8=1230
    1st Ultrasound 3/18 FHR=103
    2nd U/S 3/20 FHR=118!!
    3rd U/S 4/1 FHR=169 :)
    BIG U/S 5/22=IT'S A BOY! FHR-148
    DS Born October 30, 2009
    BFP 5/27/11 Stick baby, stick!
    HCG 5/31=140 P=9 HCG 6/2=292 P=11
    1ST Ultrasound 6/15 FHR=109!!
    U/S 8/18=IT'S A BOY! FHR-141 :)
    DS Born January 20, 2012
    BFP 5/27/13 EDD 2-5-14
    U/S 8/17 FRH-141 It's a boy!!

• Due Date: Jan 29th, 2008

Date your DC arrived: Feb 5, 3008

Weight & Length: 6 lbs 0 oz 19.5 in

Hours of Labor: From 1st mild contraction 7 hours, Active labour 2.5 hours.

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: Natural

Total weight gain: 40 lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Chance or rain and snow, raining when we drove to the hospital, turned into one of the worst snowstorms in years overnight.  

Anything else you want to share?:  I was supposed to be induced the next morning due to high bp, the night before going into labour I ate spicy indian.  I didn't believe I was in labour, dh and I spent the whole day shopping and walking around.

I had an extremely fast labour.  When I arrived at the hospital at 7:30pm I was 4cm, membranes intact, contractions 4 minutes apart.  I was still in triage when I started feeling the urge to push.  The nurses didn't believe me so I told them I wanted to use the bathroom knowing they would have to check me that way before they let me go, turns out I was right dd was ready to come and was born at 9:09. I had to be wheeled down the hall on the triage gurney and they barely got the Dr. to the room on time.  It was actually quite humorous although painful and a bit nerve wracking!  I'm pretty nervous that it will happen even faster this time and I won't make it in time.

ETA: Wanted to add, my water never broke.  It was bulging as I began to push and then finally my pushing broke it.  I didn't even know that could happen. 

Isobel
    5 February 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Due Date: December 23, 2009

Date your DC arrived: December 18, 2009

Weight & Length: 7lbs 4oz

Hours of Labor: 15 hours of labor until my emergency c/s due to fetal distress

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: I got an epidural so I could sleep!

Vaginally/C-Section: Section

Total weight gain: Upwards of 50Embarrassed

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: A snowy Michigan winter day!

Anything else you want to share?: The feeling of getting to actually hold and kiss your baby for the first time is like nothing else on the planet.  

• Due Date:   March 28thDate your DC arrived:   March 30thWeight & Length:  7 lbs. 2.5 oz. 19 inchesHours of Labor:  I suppose 6-7 although I didn't much believe it until my water broke.  Then it was only about 5 hours.Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural:  one dose of IV Nubain and I loved it!Vaginally/C-Section: Vag.Total weight gain: between 40-45 lbs.Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital:  Abnormally warm for this time of year in WIAnything else you want to share?:  I was already 7 cm. by the time I showed up at the hospital and probably would have had him sooner if #1 I hadn't begged for something to relieve the back labor and #2 if he wasn't sunny-side up.   Stubborn little Bug!I'm actually hoping that this time, if all goes smoothly, I'll be able to go completely natural but we'll see! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Due Date: September 11, 2008

Date your DC arrived: August 27, 2008

Weight & Length: 7 lb 14 oz, 19 inches

Hours of Labor: 19 hours

Vaginally/C-Section: Vag

Total weight gain: 68 lbs (gahhhhhhh)

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: 75 degrees and sunny

• Due Date: April 8

Date your DC arrived: April 18

Weight & Length: 7.5 pounds, 21 inches

Hours of Labor: 16

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: natural labour, but got the meds minutes before my c-section after three hours of pushing

Vaginally/C-Section: section

Total weight gain: 27 lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: no idea. It snowed when I was in the hospital, though

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKRISTA555:

Due Date: January 14th, 2010

Date your DC arrived: December 28th, 2009

Weight & Length: 7 lbs., 5 oz. and 19 inches

Hours of Labor: I didn't really labor, he was a planned c-section because he was breech but then my water broke early on it's own. I was having contractions on the way to the hospital and while I was waiting for surgery though.

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: Spinal

Vaginally/C-Section: C-Section

Total weight gain: 65 pounds (eek!) 

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Cool and sunny. And we did have some snow flurries while we were in the hospital.

Anything else you want to share?: I was NOT prepared for my water breaking! I thought since he was a scheduled c-section, I would go into the hospital fully prepared, packed, legs shaved, with my hair done and makeup on...and none of that happened! DH had already left for work for the day and there I was running around like a crazy woman, leaking amniotic fluid, trying to finish packing my hospital bag and do something with myself, lol. Just in case, I will be prepared this time around :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Due Date: February 3, 2010

Date your DC arrived: January 31, 2010

Weight & Length: 7 lbs, 12 oz, 20 inches (I'm guessing on length, I can never remember)

Hours of Labor: 25 hours - but about 9 hours of hard labor, 3 hours of pushing.

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: Nothing, natural

Total weight gain: 35 lbs, lost it all within a month or less.

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Cold... I feel like maybe it snowed while we were there but I don't remember really.

Anything else you want to share?: I had zero (and I mean ZERO) indicators that labor was on the way before contractions started - so don't fret if you don't feel anything, including braxton hicks contracts, prior to your due date! I had my bloody show, lost my mucous plug all the day I gave birth - they had to break my water for me when I was 10cm.

Edited to add: I totally didn't think labor was that bad at all. Yeah, pushing was hard and tiring but I will absolutely attempt another natural birth. At no point did I ever even feel like I wanted an epidural even - it was irrelevant because there would have barely been enough time to get one, but I definitely had a positive birth experience and would love it to happen nearly the same way with maybe a BIT less time pushing :) 

• Due Date: 05.27.2010

Date your DC arrived: 05.17.2010

Weight & Length: 7lbs, 6oz - 21.25 inches

Hours of Labor: 5.5

Total weight gain: 13lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: 70's and sunny

Anything else you want to share?: I only had to push through one contraction, total of about a minute. Was an awesome birth experience, and the complete opposite of what they tell you a "first time mom should be."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Due Date: June 1, 2009

Date your DC arrived: June 8, 2009

Weight & Length: 8 lb, 2 oz

Hours of Labor:  approx. 10

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: 1 hit of analgesic medication about 2/3 into labor

Total weight gain: 42 lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: I don't remember.  It was dark when I got to the hospital, so I don't even know if it was sunny.

Anything else you want to share?: Nope :)

• Due Date: August 6, 2010

Date your DC arrived: August 11, 2010

Weight & Length: 6 lbs, 15 oz; 20 inches

Hours of Labor: 15 hours 

Vaginally/C-Section: C-Section, dialated to 9, waited an extra 3 hours to get to 10 but the baby couldn't drop, pelvis was too narrow

Total weight gain: 16 lbs

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Sunny and hot

Anything else you want to share?: Having a C-Section wasn't the end of the world. 

• Due Date: October 3rd 2008

Date your DC arrived: September 30th 2008

Weight & Length: 8lbs 1oz 20 1/2 inchs long 

Hours of Labor: 18 hours

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: Epidural!

Vaginally/C-Section: Vaginal delivery 

Total weight gain: 34 lbs 

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Sunny and hot

Anything else you want to share?: Labor was super easy, the only not easy thing is that I didn't get to eat a damn thing :(

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  •  

Due Date:  3/8/10

Date your DC arrived: 3/8/10

Weight & Length: 8 lbs 1 oz, 20.5 inches

Hours of Labor: n/a

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: spinal and epidural

Vaginally/C-Section: unscheduled/non-emergency c-section

Total weight gain: 47 lbs (yikes)

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: 60 degrees and sunny which was very unusual

Anything else you want to share?: I went in on my EDD for a fluid check/NST since I hadn't gone into labor - standard practice at my OB office. They finally discovered what I had been telling them for a good 8 weeks, that DD was breech. It was too late to attempt to do a version. I am not sure I would have done it anyway. They had me schedule the c/s for that day since I was 40 weeks and also had borderline low fluid - no sense in waiting.

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Due Date: 4/11/08

Date your DC arrived: 4/01/08

Weight & Length: 6 lbs 14 oz's and 19 inches long

Hours of Labor: 48+ hours

Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: 3 failed epidurals

Total weight gain: 0

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: It was dark and foggy

Married 05/27/07 ~ Emilee Lucille born 04/01/08 ~ Ella Marie 2/15/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKRISTA555:

Due Date: 10/16

Date your DC arrived: 10/22

Weight & Length: 8lbs 2oz, 21.5 inches

Hours of Labor: 23 hours

Total weight gain: about 40lbs.

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Well, we never went to the hospital since he was born at home, BUT it was a crisp fall afternoon when it all started!

Anything else you want to share?:I remember when I looked outside after he was born (the curtains were closed all evening/night/early morning) and ALL the leaves had changed color completely! It was amazing!!

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Due Date: Jan 31/10Date your DC arrived: Dec 28/09Weight & Length: 5pounds, 17 inchesHours of Labor: I was preterm labour back pain for 2 days before we went in. I was 4 cm and my membranes had ruptured (which we now believe was on the 26th when I noticed slight leaking that day)Epidural/Other pain meds/Natural: once I got to the hosptial it was a flurry of activity to get DD out as fast as possible. We left our house at 10:30pm to drive because my back pain was too bad to sleep and I had her at 11:20pm. It was insane.Vaginally/C-Section: Emergency C-sectionTotal weight gain: 20 pounds evenWeather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: Snowy, -20c. so so so cold.Anything else you want to share?:
  • Due Date: November 19, 2009

Date your DC arrived: November 25th

Weight & Length: 9lbs 1 oz, 22.5"

Hours of Labor: Induced at 10:30pm, born at 8:56am

Total weight gain: 30 pounds

Weather forecast on the day you drove to hospital: cool and cloudy

Anything else you want to share?:

This discussion has been closed.