Minnesota Babies
Options

Fairview children's?

Does anyone take their children to this clinic?  Any opinions? Thanks!

Re: Fairview children's?

• Options

I do.

The good: 

It's centrally located, although there's a lot of construction going on with Central Corridor right now. I've never had trouble getting in, and they do keep some weekend/evening hours. The dr's and nurses have all been nice, definitely willing to sit and talk about anything I need to talk about and I've never felt rushed through a visit. The nurse call line (not sure if this is even a clinic-specific thing) has been great for middle of the night issues, and even paged my dr at 4am when DS was just a few weeks old and something was wrong. We had to have a blood draw from the arm when DS was 12 months and the tech was really good - fast and as gentle as could be. They give you a board book at most of the well child visits. One of their dr's is a certified lactation consultant.

The not so good:

I was annoyed that my dr wouldn't stop telling me to let DS CIO when I wasn't comfortable doing so. We are also on a slightly altered vaccination schedule and I get a some grief for it from my doc when we go in, although she's willing to go along with it. There's one dr there I didn't really like. He was just kind of awkward with DS.

Let me know if you have any specific questions or are wondering about a specific dr. I met with a few when we interviewed pediatricians!

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I love it!  We see Dr. Heggie and she is awesome.  There's been only a handful of times that we weren't able to get in with her, and the other docs we saw were great too!
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAlishaMay:
    Yes, I love it!  We see Dr. Heggie and she is awesome.  There's been only a handful of times that we weren't able to get in with her, and the other docs we saw were great too!

This, exactly.  Love her.  Also - to address the point of the previous poster, I have never been told that I have to let DD CIO.  The pedis I've seen there have really been in line with my parenting philosophies (and regarding sleep, highly recommended the No Cry Sleep Solution). 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageGenevieve14:

imageAlishaMay:

This, exactly.  Love her.  Also - to address the point of the previous poster, I have never been told that I have to let DD CIO.  The pedis I've seen there have really been in line with my parenting philosophies (and regarding sleep, highly recommended the No Cry Sleep Solution). 

Good luck!

Maybe I need to switch to Dr Heggie too :)

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"